Compatible Ram 64GB for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 Series

Options
Skunker
Skunker Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Nitro Gaming
Hi,

I bought a the  Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45-R97H and want to do a RAM upgrade, since I will use my laptop for work, too. Compiling the application will consume a lot of RAM (25GB+).
I recently found websites, that say that you can go up to 64GB even if acer says 32GB is max, is this really possible?

I still want to have somehow fast RAM, for some gaming. So is there a way to go from OEM (i think) CL22 1.2v to CL18 1.35v RAM?

Sorry for stupid questions. I haven't done any hardware-stuff for a decade.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,117 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, according to this video you can install 64GB but I haven't seen anyone installed 64GB memory in this model, CL=18 1.35v modules come with XMP(automatic overclocking) enabled but there's no XMP feature in your model, so they may work at lower frequencies, again I haven't seen anyone installed XMP modules in this model, if you want to try 64GB at your own risk, I would suggest you buy DDR4 with JEDEC profiles(green coloured modules), make sure that the retailer has a good returns policy, so that you can return them if they don't work.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giD6B48x2BM
    https://www.mrmemory.co.uk/memory-ram-upgrades/acer/nitro-notebook/an515-45
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Nitro-AN515-45/230913
  • Skunker

Tinkerer

Options
    according to a dozent of amazon reviews, that i meanwhile read, 1,35V won't work in a lot of laptops.
    I think will try Kingston Fury KF432S20IBK2/64 CL 20 3200@1.2v
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Skunker said:
    according to a dozent of amazon reviews, that i meanwhile read, 1,35V won't work in a lot of laptops.
    I think will try Kingston Fury KF432S20IBK2/64 CL 20 3200@1.2v
    Yes, this might work because I think the default standard is JEDEC, good luck with the upgrade.
    https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KF432S20IBK2_64.pdf
  • Skunker

Tinkerer

edited February 2022
    Options
    I Want to give a last update to that topic:  64 GB RAM Kingston Fury KF432S20IBK2/64 CL 20 3200@1.2v is working (since 10 minutes)...

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Skunker said:
    I Want to give a last update to that topic:  64 GB RAM Kingston Fury KF432S20IBK2/64 CL 20 3200@1.2v is working (since 10 minutes)...

Well done 👏 and thanks for posting the outcome  :)
  • Skunker

Tinkerer

Options
    You're welcome.
    I also did a performance test. - well it ran with the onboard graphics, still figuring out why.
    I must say, the RAM performs quite okay @ 104%. 

Acer Nitro AN515-45 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Skunker said:
    You're welcome.
    I also did a performance test. - well it ran with the onboard graphics, still figuring out why.

If you have a NVIDIA dedicated card, open NVIDIA control panel and switch to High Performance graphics from Auto-select with the dropdown arrow like in my snips, do the same for Set PhysX configuration as well.

• Skunker

Tinkerer

Options
    You're welcome.

• bincuevas
    bincuevas Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Skunker said:
    You're welcome.

how is it now? im planning to get this for after effects work and am very curious how the 64gb is doing for you after you installed it? i waas hesitant to get this as all nitro as acer said only can be upgraded to 32gb. but i also saw 1 vid and some websites said iit supports 64gb. does it recognize 64gb and works like 64gb? gaming can only utilize 16gb max and could not rely on gaming benchmarks. iif you utilize the 64gb in your workflow let me know. thanks! your post is the only one that has tried it ini the real world. most forums do not adviise it. thank you for you updates!
  • bincuevas
    Options
    bincuevas said:
    Skunker said:
    You're welcome.

how is it now? im planning to get this for after effects work and am very curious how the 64gb is doing for you after you installed it? i waas hesitant to get this as all nitro as acer said only can be upgraded to 32gb. but i also saw 1 vid and some websites said iit supports 64gb. does it recognize 64gb and works like 64gb? gaming can only utilize 16gb max and could not rely on gaming benchmarks. iif you utilize the 64gb in your workflow let me know. thanks! your post is the only one that has tried it ini the real world. most forums do not adviise it. thank you for you updates!
    by the way im plaanning to buy is the an515 45 rn2v 5800h 144hxz 3060 16gb
  • bincuevas
    Options
    Skunker said:
    You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.