How can I upgrade the power supply for TC-895-UA92?

Options
ranathebeast98
ranathebeast98 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
The current power supply is 300 Watts and I am looking to add a gaming graphic card to the PC. I know its a little hard to change the power supply on this model but has anyone successfully replaced one? I was also looking for some recommendation for low profile graphics that would run without external power on this model just incase I am not able to replace the power supply? 
Thanks in advance. 

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    ranathebeast98

I understand you say  "you need some recommendation for low profile graphics that would run without external power on this model just incase you are not able to replace the power supply "

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

If your Desktop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 
    If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or
    Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  Click on  "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.   There will be charges for repair. 

Kindly go through the details captured from the service manual designed for your computer. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,364 Trailblazer
    Options
    You can likely use cards like the NVIDIA GTX 1650 series, since they support running directly off the PCIe buss without extra power (and spec says 300W is all that's needed for a PSU). The 1660 series pulls more power though, so it'd be chancy.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.