Thunderbolt 3 No Longer Recognized??? - Predator PT515-51

SorakaMyLove
SorakaMyLove Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 2022 in Windows 11
Model:  Predator PT515-51 
Part #:  NH.Q4XAA.001 

My laptop is the Predator Triton 500, upgraded to Windows 11.

I currently have 2 external Thunderbolt 3 SSDs that I use for different purposes: one hosts Pop!OS (Linux) and another is just expandable storage for my internal Windows drive. 

I don't know exactly when or how this happened, but my laptop no longer responds to either drive being plugged into the Thunderbolt 3 port.  The TB3 Control Center App doesn't populate.  Device manager has no indication of a drive being attached. 

I have tried reinstalling the control center app, drivers, and a BIOS update and thus far no luck.  

Please help me fix my Thunderbolt 3!

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• Is thunderbolt enabled in bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @SorakaMyLove,

If your computer is not detecting your Thunderbolt™ 3 device, try the following: Update the Thunderbolt software on your Thunderbolt 3 host device. Update the Thunderbolt controller NVM firmware on your Thunderbolt 3 host device. Update the Thunderbolt controller drivers.
  • SorakaMyLove
    SorakaMyLove Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thanks for the responses! 

@egydiocoelho - My BIOS has all that set to Enabled, but still no luck.  Any other suggestions? 

@Easwar - The software is up to date.  How exactly do I update the Thunderbolt Controller NVM Firmware, and the Thunderbolt Controller drivers?  I did a search for instructions but I'm not really getting it. 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)