OSD menu pop up P225HQ

Options
SteffiB
SteffiB Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2022 in Monitors
Hello everyone,

I have an Acer P225HQ. Since the day before yesterday the OSD menu keeps poppig up and thankfully does not select things but it won't lock anymore. But I haven't touched the switches in years!

I tried to reset but nothing happens. I can kinda select things in the Menu but nothing works so far.

I disconnected the PC from the monitor and there it won't pop up. It also doesn't when the monitor is turned off.

I am kind of thinking that my PC might have an error but everything still runs smoothly. But the pop up is ¼ of my desktop and so I can read or write anything while it does that.

It glitches and selects things for 30 seconds then closes and opens again. Sometimes it's away for a few minutes but even pops up when I do nothing.
The monitor is hanging on my wall, so there is no way that something did come against the switches and they do not seem stuck.

Do I need to buy a new monitor?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options
    SteffiB said:
    Hello everyone,

I have an Acer P225HQ. Since the day before yesterday the OSD menu keeps poppig up and thankfully does not select things but it won't lock anymore. But I haven't touched the switches in years!

I tried to reset but nothing happens. I can kinda select things in the Menu but nothing works so far.

I disconnected the PC from the monitor and there it won't pop up. It also doesn't when the monitor is turned off.

I am kind of thinking that my PC might have an error but everything still runs smoothly. But the pop up is ¼ of my desktop and so I can read or write anything while it does that.

It glitches and selects things for 30 seconds then closes and opens again. Sometimes it's away for a few minutes but even pops up when I do nothing.
    The monitor is hanging on my wall, so there is no way that something did come against the switches and they do not seem stuck.

Disconnect the monitor from the PC then do a hard reset of your P225HQ completely and try to connect the monitor again to the PC, also check the connecting cable if its not faulty and/or shorting out at the plugs. 
  • SteffiB
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    SteffiB said:
    Hello everyone,

Disconnect the monitor from the PC then do a hard reset of your P225HQ completely and try to connect the monitor again to the PC, also check the connecting cable if its not faulty and/or shorting out at the plugs. 
    How do I do a hard reset? I find multiple ways online.

I did check the plugs, they work.

• SteffiB
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    SteffiB said:
    Hello everyone,

I tried the hard reset 1) with the power button and 2) with the reset via OSD menu. Didn't work its still there.