Why my new acer nitro laptop display become strange? - Acer Nitro 5

jreloz
jreloz Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2022 in Windows 11

I have a new loptop:

Windows 11 with the latest updates (it also happen when it was windows 10 same laptop)

Acer Nitro 5

Intel i5 11th gen

RTX 3050TI

8GB RAM

500 GB NVMe

I don't understand why sometimes it displays like this. Please help.

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• jreloz said:

I have a new loptop:

Windows 11 with the latest updates (it also happen when it was windows 10 same laptop)

Acer Nitro 5

Intel i5 11th gen

RTX 3050TI

8GB RAM

500 GB NVMe

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem, first try to uninstall both the graphics drivers of Intel from Device Manager > Display adapters and for the NVIDIA drivers form Control Panel >Uninstall a program and reinstall to the latest drivers for Intel and use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant as that will update all the Intel driver components in your laptop like chipset and graphics and for the NVIDIA download the last RTX-3050Ti driver which is the version R510 U3 (511.79)  WHQL and see if that fixes the problem, if it doesn't then don't open the laptop and send this laptop back to Acer for a warranty service repair in your area. 
  • jreloz

Tinkerer

edited February 2022
    StevenGen said:
    jreloz said:

I have a new loptop:

Acer Nitro 5

Intel i5 11th gen

RTX 3050TI

8GB RAM

500 GB NVMe

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem, first try to uninstall both the graphics drivers of Intel from Device Manager > Display adapters and for the NVIDIA drivers form Control Panel >Uninstall a program and reinstall to the latest drivers for Intel and use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant as that will update all the Intel driver components in your laptop like chipset and graphics and for the NVIDIA download the last RTX-3050Ti driver which is the version R510 U3 (511.79)  WHQL and see if that fixes the problem, if it doesn't then don't open the laptop and send this laptop back to Acer for a warranty service repair in your area. 
    StevenGen said:
    jreloz said:

I have a new loptop:

Acer Nitro 5

Intel i5 11th gen

RTX 3050TI

8GB RAM

500 GB NVMe

Hi Steve!, I followed everything you mention but after 2 days, I still encounter the same issue. Is this a hardware issue? Thanks!
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    @jreloz this happens a lot in the 2021 model so you can ask for warranty repair or exchange to another one. This caused by the bad RAM stick.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • jreloz

Tinkerer

edited February 2022
    This is the WORST laptop I've ever had. EVER!
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    I've had very good luck with devices from acerrecertified.com but am cheap.

• Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited March 2022
    @jreloz

A BIOS Update perhaps? But find first the manufacturer name of your display.

I prefer you use Sandra Lite. 
  • jreloz

Tinkerer

Lord_N said:
    @jreloz

A BIOS Update perhaps? But find first the manufacturer name of your display.

I prefer you use Sandra Lite. 

Thanks, I updated my BIOS last night. now I'm waiting for the issue to reappear. what a pain.
  • jreloz

Tinkerer

edited March 2022
  • Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    jreloz

Thanks for the update; regarding your situation, I think it may be a Hardware fault nonetheless.

Bring it back to the nearest Acer Service Center.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Please don't post multiple threads and PMs on the same problem. It will only confuse the matter. Immediately return the machine to the  vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's return merchandise authorization (RMA) period ends. Usually only a few weeks. Acer warranty service will take longer.

Jack E/NJ