Keyboard doesn’t work GWTN141-1GR

BrokeGateway
BrokeGateway Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
I have a gateway laptop model GWTN141-1GR. When some characters on the keyboard stopped working, customer service said I would need to dump everything and reload the operating system. Not wanting to do that, I plugged in a keyboard. Now that keyboard doesn’t work so I’m ready to reload. How do I do this and will it help?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• Does the keyboard work in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BrokeGateway
    Not sure if it works in bios or not but if there is a fix I can make in bios, I’d love to try it.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer
    If the keyboard works while you are in the BIOS menu, then we know the hardware is correct and it's a Windows problem. If it doesn't work in the BIOS then it's more likely a hardware issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BrokeGateway
    edited February 2022
    Same keys don’t work in bios as don’t work in normal mode
  • BrokeGateway
    edited February 2022
    Any recommendations?
  • Is this laptop still under warranty?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer
    OK, so the same keys don't work with an external keyboard as with the one built in? And they also don't work in the BIOS? That is a tough one, the fact that you see the same effects from two different keyboards makes it seem like a keyboard driver problem in Windows, but since it also acts the same in the BIOS it can't be a driver problem in Windows. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.