What's the largest SSD anyone has installed in a Triton 500 PT515-51

LazyDogg
LazyDogg Member Posts: 21 Networker
Just wondering if there's anyone out there with a 4TB SSD (single disk) installed in their Triton 500? I've currently got a 2TB Samsung Evo Plus and 1TB WD combination with no issues at all. CPU idle temps are around 42-45 degrees. CPU's running really smooth - no glitches/spiking at all. Also, still had no resolution with Predator Sense crapping itself with the latest Win 10 update. Is there any alternate software out there that might give me control over the internal fans? 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    LazyDogg said:
    Just wondering if there's anyone out there with a 4TB SSD (single disk) installed in their Triton 500? I've currently got a 2TB Samsung Evo Plus and 1TB WD combination with no issues at all. CPU idle temps are around 42-45 degrees. CPU's running really smooth - no glitches/spiking at all. Also, still had no resolution with Predator Sense crapping itself with the latest Win 10 update. Is there any alternate software out there that might give me control over the internal fans? 
    If you want to spend lots of $$$'s and your budget is in the upper range then the Sabrent Rocket 4TB M.2 2280 is one of the fastest but their max capacity is 4TB M,2 NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive. Or you can have a look at the Samsung PM983 Series SSD utilizes a PCI Express 3.0 x4 NF1 form factor that will also fit as these drives come in 4TB, 8TB and 16TB which is USD $2500 if you want to spend big and go so big in capacity =)

Samsung PM983 NF1 NVMe PCIe SSD

With the PS and if you want a different software then install "TrottleStop" see here what it does "ThrottleStop Guide (2022)" as its a great software and probably much better than PS, I'm using it on my AN515-56 and it works great.
  • LazyDogg
    LazyDogg Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Cheers Steve, I've already got a Firecuda 530 waiting to go in - my think was, if I'm going to the hassle of ripping the Motherboard out then I may as well do it once and be done with it. None of this 1tb increments *****. Games are so big now I think 4 tb will get used up pretty quick. I'm going to give that Throttlestop a go, sounds like the biz.