Drivers for Extensa 5235 + constant crashes

erikjaeger2002
erikjaeger2002 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2022 in Acer Software
Hello!
I used 360 Security to scan my PC, and it has been telling me for ages to update my drivers. My laptop was manufactured in 2009, and I can't find a valid/safe source to download the ones it's suggesting. So now I would like some help on that, please. 

Info about my PC: It likes to crash, like, a lot. As soon as there's sound playing that is just a bit too loud, it makes a buzzing sound stuck on the audio that was played, freezing completely. It does that with headphones as well and just,... a lot, whenever I try to play any kind of media. 
Looking up on that, it said my drivers might be outdated, so this is rather important to me. I got this laptop around 3 years ago from my dad, who got it as a gift from his school, so it was used beforehand. It's been doing this ever since I got it, even when I reset it back to factory settings a year into having it.
 I have a Windows 7 Professional, 32 Bit system.

(if it matters: my processor is Pentium Dual Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz : my RAM is 2 GB.)\

If you need any more information about my PC, don't hesitate to let me know. I'm desperate.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Your system originally shipped with XP, Vista or 7. As suggested Acer has drivers for each of those OSes. Since you are still running 7 you can usually do OK by installing the W7 drivers, then let Windows Update do the rest for you. That system is old enough that I'd think seriously about replacing it. Note also that since support for W7 is gone from Microsoft you might want to do the W10 upgrade if you are planning on using it for much longer. You also will get a big boost in performance by replacing the HDD with a SSD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.