Predator booting logo was replaced with green Acer logo - Helios 300 PH315-53

Options
Pipsqueak
Pipsqueak Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi guys! I just got my laptop back from the Acer service center due to no display. They replaced the motherboard, lcd, and hdd. Now it works fine but the Predator booting logo was now replaced with green Acer logo. I already updated the bios into the latest version, but it won't fix. I hope you can help me guys. Have a great day!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you upload a photo of the PRODUCT INFORMATION tab?

It is possible that the model name is wrong. It may be showing Acer instead of Predator.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pipsqueak

Tinkerer

Options
    egydiocoelho said:
    Can you upload a photo of the PRODUCT INFORMATION tab?

It is possible that the model name is wrong. It may be showing Acer instead of Predator.

I really appreciate your response. This is the picture of my information tab. I think the product name is correct as it shows as Predator PH325-53.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In manufacturer name, the word Predator should appear and not Acer!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In the predator sense app, does the option to activate animation and sound appear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pipsqueak

Tinkerer

Options
    In the predator sense app, does the option to activate animation and sound appear?

Yes that option is in the Predatorsense. When I turn that on, the Predator booting logo will appear in the boot up in just 1 or 2 seconds and will just flicker out. After that the green Acer logo will appear while it is loading and booting up. Can I fix the manufacturer name? 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,812 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Pipsqueak in BIOS main tab, do you have the POST animation and sound option enabled?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Pipsqueak

Tinkerer

Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @Pipsqueak in BIOS main tab, do you have the POST animation and sound option enabled?
    That option is not available in the BIOS main tab.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you record a video of the problem? Is bootmode in uefi? I saw on another model ph315-53, that the MANUFACTURER NAME should be Predator and not Acer. I believe this is the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pipsqueak

Tinkerer

Options
    Can you record a video of the problem? Is bootmode in uefi? I saw on another model ph315-53, that the MANUFACTURER NAME should be Predator and not Acer. I believe this is the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1raM-W5eT2q6VW7I7QApd4sLfGafg1jd9/view?usp=sharing I can't upload a video so here's the link for the video. As you can see in the video, the predator logo appeared but it is because i enable the "System boot animation & sound" settings in predatorsense. YES the bootmode is UEFI. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! I'm pretty sure in MANUFACTURER'S NAME it should say Predator and not Acer. However, try resetting the battery: disable fast startup in power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pipsqueak

Tinkerer

Options
    OK! I'm pretty sure in MANUFACTURER'S NAME it should say Predator and not Acer. However, try resetting the battery: disable fast startup in power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

I already follow your instruction on how to reset the battery but sadly nothing change. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This problem is related to the bios. I've seen other users with this model. In the MANUFACTURER NAME tab, the word Predator should be written, not Acer. That could be the problem. This can be solved with the dmitools program, used by acer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pipsqueak

Tinkerer

Options
    This problem is related to the bios. I've seen other users with this model. In the MANUFACTURER NAME tab, the word Predator should be written, not Acer. That could be the problem. This can be solved with the dmitools program, used by acer!

So to solve this, I should bring back my laptop to the Acer Service center. Right?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yea! That's the only possibility.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Prekky
    Prekky Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    Pipsqueak said:

So to solve this, I should bring back my laptop to the Acer Service center. Right?
    Try going back to win 11
  • Kousei
    Kousei Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

I FINALLY FOUND THE 100% WORKING INSTALLATION FOR CUSTOM BOOT ANIMATION FOR PREDATOR SENSE

1. FIRST MAKE SURE IN THE BOOT MENU YOU ENABLE POST ANIMATION AND SOUND

2. INSTALL PREDATOR SENSE FROM THE SUPPORT PAGE OF YOUR DEVICE

3. RENAME YOUR WINDOWS INSTALLED DRIVE AS EFI

ex:

4. Change the registry value to 1 of Customize_POST_Support in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PredatorSense

4. Open CMD (command) as Admin and run the following commands (Right-click on it and "Run as Administrator"):

C:\Windows\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.22000.1

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.On computer: WTFPREDATOR

(HERE SELECT THE DISK WHICH HAS YOUR WINDOWS RECOVERY INSTALLED, HERE IN MY CASE IT IS DISK 1)

DISKPART> select disk 1

Disk 1 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> select partition 1

Partition 1 is now the selected partition.

DISKPART> assign letter=b

DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point.

5. Download the explorer++ program from https://explorerplusplus.com/software/explorer++_1.3.5_x64.zip, here I used version 1.3.5_x64. Run it as ADMIN (Right click on it and click on "Run as Administrator");

6. Locate drive B on the left inside the application and click on properties, and on the "General" tab put the drive name as ESP and click OK;

7. Expand drive B >> EFI and inside the EFI folder and create a folder called OEM;

8. Close everything and restart

• beingriteshgupta
    beingriteshgupta Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am facing same issue, Have you figured out the solution?