My monitor has stopped ED273

Options
jordyferrier
jordyferrier Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2022 in Monitors
Hi guys, i recently purchased an acer ED273 Monitor, and went to use it last night and it wouldn’t work. The monitor will turn on, but it only shows a blank screen and none of my buttons on the bottom will work except power button. All of my cords were plugged in as normal when my monitor was working and i am not sure how to fix this. Has this happened to anyone before and know the solution, thanks.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited February 2022
    Options
    jordyferrier

It might be a cable issue..   Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check.  If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

We need to determine whether it is a issue with monitor or computer or cables.   We need to narrow down or isolate the issue.    

Try to use this monitor on a different computer and check.   If the monitor is working fine on the other computer then the issue is on the computer side.  Try to use an alternative monitor to your computer and check it.     If you are facing the same problem on the alternative monitor then again the problem is on the computer side.    It might also  be the issue with cables.   Try to use alternative cables and check.    Check whether they are connected properly.  Try to reseat the cables and check.   Tried to reconnect the cables properly. 

Also try to connect the monitor to a different power outlet and check.   Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet and check. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• jordyferrier
    Options
    jordyferrier

It might be a cable issue..   Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check.  If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

We need to determine whether it is a issue with monitor or computer or cables.   We need to narrow down or isolate the issue.    

Try to use this monitor on a different computer and check.   If the monitor is working fine on the other computer then the issue is on the computer side.  Try to use an alternative monitor to your computer and check it.     If you are facing the same problem on the alternative monitor then again the problem is on the computer side.    It might also  be the issue with cables.   Try to use alternative cables and check.    Check whether they are connected properly.  Try to reseat the cables and check.   Tried to reconnect the cables properly. 

Also try to connect the monitor to a different power outlet and check.   Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet and check. 

I have tried all of these things but the issue is not resovled, when i plug in my PlayStation to the monitor the screen will turn on but be blank flash black and then turns back on to be blank 
  • William_mk2
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @jordyferrier

Are you using this monitor with a Desktop or Laptop.   

Are you facing this problem for the first time.    Have you faced this problem earlier.  

Did you tried to use this monitor to a different computer and checked.    Please provide us the  result. 

Did you tried to use an alternative monitor to this computer.   Please provide use the result.   

Try to use an alternative display cable and check. 

How old is the monitor.   Is it under warranty.  

Please unplug all the cables from the monitor.   Hold the power button for two mins.    Connect all the cables back.    Tried to use the monitor on a different room on a different outlet and check.   Try to use the control buttons on the monitor.   There will be an option to do reset.    Please try it.    Please let us what happens when you press the control buttons on the monitor. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• jordyferrier
    Options
    @William_mk2 i use my monitor with my playstation, but have tried alternate devices that plug in with hdmi to my monitor and they have not worked either. This is the first time ive had this problem, its seemed to have started when i unplugged the monitor to move it and since i turned it back on thats when the problem started
  • William_mk2
    Options
    jordyferrier

Is the monitor connected to any usb hub or is it connected directly to devices?     Please answer all the questions which you have missed on the previous comment.  

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• jordyferrier
    Options
    @William_mk2 i have tried multiple display cables and it is connected directly to my device, the monitor is only a couple of weeks old and when i use the control buttons nothing happens, the screen stays on but is just blank, no no signal sign or anything, only thing i can do is turn it off and on
  • William_mk2
    edited February 2022
    Options
    jordyferrier

I am really sorry for the inconvenience. 

I am suspecting it might be a hardware issue. 

If your monitor is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Also please post any responses on this thread, not by PM due to difficulty in keeping track of your original problem..

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @jordyferrier,

Is there any damage in it.