wich kind of ATX 24 pin to 6 pin adapter you recomend to use for an Acer aspire TC-390?

N0T_WIFY
N0T_WIFY Member Posts: 4 New User
i want to upgrade my pc with a new power supply, but it doesn't have a 24 pin connector, it just have a 6 pin ATX connector.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Correct, you either need an ATX12VO power supply or a mod to one of the old style PSUs to provide only +12V. What makes it more complex is that the TC-390 has one of two different PSU types in it. They initially shipped with an ATX12VO then later switched to a Flex style 12VO supply. They also have two different power sizes (180W and 250W) and they purchased supplies from two different vendors. You really need to know what you ave before trying to go farther.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Correct, you either need an ATX12VO power supply or a mod to one of the old style PSUs to provide only +12V. What makes it more complex is that the TC-390 has one of two different PSU types in it. They initially shipped with an ATX12VO then later switched to a Flex style 12VO supply. They also have two different power sizes (180W and 250W) and they purchased supplies from two different vendors. You really need to know what you ave before trying to go farther.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • N0T_WIFY
    edited February 2022
    i've buyed the one with 250w power supply and ATX 12v connector

• billsey
    Does yours have the big PSU or the little one? Here's a picture with the little one installed:
    And here is a picture of a similar model with the larger PSU:
    Notice how much more room the power supply takes up?
  • N0T_WIFY

i've got the one with the small PSU, but i'm thinking on changing the case in order to allow the upgrade of the PSU

• billsey

So you need to look at the specs on the PSU you choose. It has to support running with only a 12V load, the 12V needs to be on a single rail and it needs to have enough 12V power to meet the wattage requirements for your use. You have two power connectors on your MB, a 6 pin with 12V and PS_ON and a 4 pin with just 12V.

If the adapter meets those specs and your PSU matches all requirements then it should work.