I HAVE AN OLD LAPTOP ACER ASPIRE 4370Z 4GB RAM AND T3400 2.16 GHZ CPU CAN I UPGRADE THE CPU TO i3 ?

PaulV98
PaulV98 Member Posts: 1 New User
PLEASE ANSWER

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    No, your T3200 is a Merom-2M Socket P CPU and that socket doesn't support any of the newer i# processors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PaulV98 said:
    PLEASE ANSWER
    The old Aspire 4370Z has an old  2008 "Intel Merom" Socket P CPU and motherboard and max 4GB DDR2 low MHz memory and can't be upgraded to any Intel i7, i5 or i3 type CPU's. The highest CPU spec that you can upgrade this laptop to is the Core 2 Extreme X7900 (see all the CPU's you can upgrade to in the link) as its only going to give a 35% increase in relative performance to your OEM T3400 CPU, its up to you if you want to upgrade? But in my opinion this laptop is too old and its not worth the effort and investment to upgrade, as its much better to get a new laptop as whatever you spend on this old laptop like CPU, RAM and an SSD drive it would be better spent on a new laptop that will have much better performance and modern specs than you will ever be able to upgrade this laptop to. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Except the Core 2 Extreme X7900 requires 25% more power to run, so generates 25% more heat when running. Typically you can't upgrade the cooling system on laptops, so trying to use that processor will likely cause problems.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.