Maximum RAM for Aspire TC-885

Hello:
I'd like to confirm based on research I have done, that the maximum amount of ram for an Aspire TC-885 is 32GB. Currently, I have 12GB. So I could easily upgrade to 32 no problem?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    Hello:
    I'd like to confirm based on research I have done, that the maximum amount of ram for an Aspire TC-885 is 32GB. Currently, I have 12GB. So I could easily upgrade to 32 no problem?
    Acer quotes for the TC-885 a max of 32GB RAM into the 2x mobos memory slots at DDR4 2666MHz or DDR4-2400MHZ at 288-pin DIMM's but, I would run the "Crucial System Scanner" also as you could put more RAM into these slots? Because and as Crucial explains, that you will notice that when you do the scan and check the maximum amount of supported memory for your system, that Crucial will recommend more than your system or motherboard manufacturer has listed on their technical specification, the reason for that is  that this is not a mistake! On occasion you will find that due to system updates and technological advances, some hardware may be able to support more memory compared to when it was originally manufactured and Crucial ensures that the higher amount of RAM recommended is rigorously tested and is backed by their compatibility guarantee. Cant be clearer than that of what Crucial guarantees. 
  • @jmontgomery1211

Kindly go through the details which is captured from the service manual designed for your computer. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @jmontgomery1211

I have a TC-885-UA91, using a pair of 8 GB RAM sticks, making it 16 GB. 

For your case, you can buy a pair of 16 GB sticks for 32GB total, should have no problems, unless you buy the laptop modules by mistake.

SPEC: DDR4 2666 MHz CL17, single rank

Another way to verify is to download and run the CPU-Z program, check the SPD tab. Slot #1 should be your stock RAM stick.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

RAM Upgrades | Aspire TC-885 - max up to 64GB.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Easwar is wrong here, both the others are correct. Your motherboard doesn't have the four memory slots needed to support 64GB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.