Nitro 5 Windows 11 not bootable after Windows update/bios update - Insyde software

Options
AndreasOne
AndreasOne Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2022 in Windows 11
Hi all,

Acer Nitro 5 nh.qamex.003

So I just updated Windows 11 through Windows update/bios update with Insyde software and when I turn the laptop back on I just receive a blue screen with the message that I should visit windows support center and that "Boot is not found". what now, all that troubleshooting that automatically comes is worthless so has anyone experienced anything similar? Tnx in advance!

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• lushank
    lushank Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    i haven't updated yet, but i was about to.  :'(
  • AndreasOne
    Options
    i haven't updated yet, but i was about to.  :'(
    Yeah dont FFS. So if anyone has any idea what to do would be grateful
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    Unplug charger. Press & hold power button for about 30 seconds. Plug charger back in. Press power button  once to turn machine back on.

Jack E/NJ

• AndreasOne
    edited February 2022
    Options
    JackE said:
    Unplug charger. Press & hold power button for about 30 seconds. Plug charger back in. Press power button  once to turn machine back on.

I only get these useless "Advanced options" where none of them are working

[Thread was edited to hide sensitive information]
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try it againt. Unplug charger. Press & hold power button for about 30 seconds. Plug charger back in. Press power button  once to turn machine back on. This method resets the BIOS to default and temporarily disconnects the battery pack from the mainboard to drain stray charges.

Jack E/NJ

• kddddd
    kddddd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    There are a couple of options on the advanced options menu that could help.  

1) Uninstalling the update should get you back to Win 10.  

2) Startup Repair works occasionally without screwing anything up

if those don’t work for you or you don’t want to try them, I would reach out to Acer’s tech support.  Maybe Microsoft’s forums also.

good luck 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Besides resetting the bios, what happens when you press alt+f10 before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Likely the Windows update of the Insyde BIOS is the culprit. that is (I believe) an update to the EFI image, not a true BIOS update. You should first try booting into the BIOS and resetting to factory default (F9 to reset, F10 to save and exit). If that doesn't do it boot into the diagnostic mode and use the command prompt to rewrite the EFI partition.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nasty_Rig
    Nasty_Rig Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Likely the Windows update of the Insyde BIOS is the culprit. that is (I believe) an update to the EFI image, not a true BIOS update. You should first try booting into the BIOS and resetting to factory default (F9 to reset, F10 to save and exit). If that doesn't do it boot into the diagnostic mode and use the command prompt to rewrite the EFI partition.
    Yes, I think this might be the problem. I have tried resetting the BIOS but still the problem resist. Please elaborate how to rewrite EFI partition.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options

Choose Command Prompt from the menu:

Type and run these commands:diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk <number of your main drive>
    list vol

Verify that the EFI partition is using the FAT32 file system, it should be 100MB in size or very close to it. Assign a drive letter to it that is not already in use:

Type and run these commands:
    sel vol <number of volume></code></div><div><code>assign letter=<drive letter>:
    exit

In order to repair the boot record:

Type and run these commands:
    cd /d <drive letter>:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
    bootrec /FixBootbcdboot c:\Windows /s <boot letter>: /f UEFI
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mau22772
    Mau22772 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the same problem, nothing worked

so i re install windows after removing files on the drive that windows is installed,

Now i was able to bokt up us a new, my other drives were safe and got my datas that save on other ssds