windows console mode aspire 1660 desktop

mandy30
mandy30 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited February 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I have had a few problems with my new pc,they are now resolved but in the process of trying to solve these I somehow enabled console mode in windows 10,does anyone know how to get out of this without having to do a clean install please?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hold SHIFT while restarting, This will put you in safe mode then you can RESTORE to a earlier configuration.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited February 2022
    Note that you'll lose any work that you have done since the restore point that Windows designates.
  • mandy30
    I cant do that as the system restore was,nt enabled,I enabled it after I got the problem,tried going into regedit and creating console mode and setting it to disabled but that did,nt work either,there is,nt much info online to help with this problem
  • mandy30
    Dont know what i did but I have somehow managed to get rid of console mode
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Normally you do it with msconfig, just set it back to a normal boot instead of one of the custom options.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mandy30
    I did a factory restore so now its running well,wish I had know that earlier,I did manage to get out of console mode but dont know how
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @mandy30,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• mandy30
    it is a acer aspire 1660 desktop that’s messed up big style,just going to do another post for advice