Does anyone know if the XB323QKNV 31.5" 4K monitor has full 48gbps speed HDMI 2.1 and true G-Sync?

Options
SublimeSchwen
SublimeSchwen Member Posts: 2 New User
I cannot seem to find this HDMI 2.1 bandwidth answer anywhere, even in Acer's own documentation or chat support. On their brochure it does say "Full Speed with HDMI 2.1" and that I can run PS5 @ 120hz, but it doesn't specify if this is by Data Stream Compression (DSC) or full speed 48gbps. Unfortunately I don't have a PS5 yet or RTX series video card to test this, but I want to know since I just purchased this quite expensive monitor. Here's from the product description:

Also a little confused if this is a true G-Sync monitor or just "compatible" with Adaptive sync - image also included. Thank you!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I cannot seem to find this HDMI 2.1 bandwidth answer anywhere, even in Acer's own documentation or chat support. On their brochure it does say "Full Speed with HDMI 2.1" and that I can run PS5 @ 120hz, but it doesn't specify if this is by Data Stream Compression (DSC) or full speed 48gbps. Unfortunately I don't have a PS5 yet or RTX series video card to test this, but I want to know since I just purchased this quite expensive monitor. Here's from the product description:

Also a little confused if this is a true G-Sync monitor or just "compatible" with Adaptive sync - image also included. Thank you!

If you look at the specs of the Acer Predator XB323QKNV its Vertical Frequency/Refresher Rate is from 48Hz to 144Hz (btw, you can get monitors up to 360Hz) it also has NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible and its got HDMI 2.1 which is the most recent update of the HDMI® specification and supports a range of higher video resolutions and refresh rates including 8K60 and 4K120, and resolutions up to 10K. Dynamic HDR formats are also supported, and HDMI 2.1 bandwidth capability is increased up to 48Gbps with its HDMI 2.1 but this bandwidth NEEDS A NEW Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 special Cable for it to work at those high speeds. 
  • SublimeSchwen
    SublimeSchwen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Awesome, thank you so much for the quick reply StevenGen, that really clears things up for me! Great link resource as well, I hadn't ever come across that monitor site before. I'm loving this display so far and am very impressed, I just wanted to make absolute sure with the cost of it. You mentioned needing another HDMI cable for the higher res and refresh rates: Do you recommend a different one than that which it shipped with? It's labeled "Ultra Certified Cable, HDMI Ultra High Speed". 

Also, do you know offhand if it's supposed to work with Acer's RGB Light Sense software in regards to the backlight LED's? It's listed on the monitor's driver/software page, yet when I open it, it says 'No Supported Device' and quits right after. I've only been able to adjust the lights within the OSD thus far. I really appreciate all your help!