( Aspire A514-54G ) Acer trueharmony is bugged out and not working correctly in the Audio console.

Abdullah_39
Abdullah_39 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

The Acer trueharmony setting in Realtek Audio console has suddenly stopped working completely and I could not find a possible way to fix it. I tried reinstalling the drivers from the acer website, and also tried reinstalling the realtek audio console but nothing worked, It just suddenly broke on me and I really need help with this problem because it makes a huge different in sound, at least for this model, so please can someone tell me how to fix this issue.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,477 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. You should also be able to disable it by simply enabling the metered wifi connection even in the home version.

But to be safe, make sure System Protection is turned on in Control Panel's restore point app. Just in case an update sneaks in there when you're not looking. :)

Seriously though, the update process as currently configured is seriously unpredictable and uncontrollable no matter what you do to try to stop it. This is a small part of the reason I no longer trust Windows as my primary OS. 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    >>> I tried reinstalling the drivers from the acer website, >>>

Which drivers? And for which Win version? Win10? Win11?

Jack E/NJ

• Abdullah_39

Tinkerer

edited February 2022
    JackE said:
    >>> I tried reinstalling the drivers from the acer website, >>>

Which drivers? And for which Win version? Win10? Win11?
    the windows 11 audio drivers, clearly.

• JackE
    edited February 2022
    Was Win10 or Win11 factory-installed?

Jack E/NJ

• Abdullah_39

Tinkerer

edited February 2022
    JackE said:
    Was Win10 or Win11 factory-installed?

yes I did install these console drivers.

And no it is not factory installed, because I did encountered I few problems with the internal storage ( SSD ) that made me reinstall windows because of it. but I did make sure to reinstall all of the drivers afterward and everything was working fine even ( Acer trueharmony ) was working great but it wasn't until yesterday that it stopped working. I just couldn't figure it out.

I just want to say that all of the drivers are installed and working correctly except the audio driver, and just to clarify, audio is working fine, it is just the ( Acer trueharmony ) within the Realtek audio console that is not.
  • JackE
    >>>The Acer trueharmony setting in Realtek Audio console has suddenly stopped working completely and I could not find a possible way to fix it.>>>

Yes. I understand that,. What I'm trying to find out is precisely when did it suddenly stop working?. And before this happenned, was it working correctly under Win11?

Jack E/NJ

• Abdullah_39

Tinkerer

edited February 2022
    JackE said:
    >>>The Acer trueharmony setting in Realtek Audio console has suddenly stopped working completely and I could not find a possible way to fix it.>>>

Yes. I understand that,. What I'm trying to find out is precisely when did it suddenly stop working?. And before this happenned, was it working correctly under Win11?
    I'm not sure what caused it to fail, I just turn on the laptop the next day and suddenly it just stopped working.

And yes It was working perfectly in win 11. I was using it every day ever since win 11 came out.

I wonder if the latest win 11 cumulative update (KB5010414) is what cause all of that, I'm not very sure about that.
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click the System Restore button. Click next, Do you see an automatic update restore point with a date stamp that's about same time the issue started? 

Jack E/NJ

• Abdullah_39

Tinkerer

edited February 2022
    I just found a work around to this problem but it was a pain to fix it, I used DDU to wipe the entire audio driver and then I noticed that every time I restarted my computer after I remove the drivers, windows update is installing the win 11 version of the driver and that doesn't have the extension needed to make trueharmony work, so I decided to temporary disconnect my wifi and I tried installing the win 10 version of the driver and by doing that it just magically fix and the trueharmony issue that I had and now it is working with the win 10 driver, and the reason why the win10 drivers works even though I'm running win 11, is because win 11 does not have the extension for the win 11 drivers, it only has the win 10 drivers and thats why it now works.

NOW I'M JUST AFRAID THAT WINDOWS UPDATE WILL MISS EVERYTHING UP AGAIN. LET'S JUST HOPE IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.
  • Abdullah_39

Tinkerer

I just found a work around to this problem but it was a pain to fix it, I used DDU to wipe the entire audio driver and then I noticed that every time I restarted my computer after I remove the drivers, windows update is installing the win 11 version of the driver and that doesn't have the extension needed to make trueharmony work, so I decided to temporary disconnect my wifi and I tried installing the win 10 version of the driver and by doing that it just magically fix and the trueharmony issue that I had and now it is working with the win 10 driver, and the reason why the win10 drivers works even though I'm running win 11, is because win 11 does not have the extension for the win 11 drivers, it only has the win 10 drivers and thats why it now works.

NOW I'M JUST AFRAID THAT WINDOWS UPDATE WILL MISS EVERYTHING UP AGAIN. LET'S JUST HOPE IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • JackE
    Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that an update won't mess it up again.

Jack E/NJ

• Abdullah_39

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that an update won't mess it up again.
    UPDATE: I jus found I Really good solution to prevent windows update from updating the drivers and that is using the group policy editor if you have win 10 pro or win 11 pro and just completely disabling driver update so windows will not mess around or update automatically.

link: https://youtu.be/w1quOWUgRO8
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. You should also be able to disable it by simply enabling the metered wifi connection even in the home version.

But to be safe, make sure System Protection is turned on in Control Panel's restore point app. Just in case an update sneaks in there when you're not looking. :)

Seriously though, the update process as currently configured is seriously unpredictable and uncontrollable no matter what you do to try to stop it. This is a small part of the reason I no longer trust Windows as my primary OS. 

Jack E/NJ

• abdo23
    abdo23 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the same problem. May you give us a link to download the win10 driver that has worked with you?

• Abdullah_39

Tinkerer

edited August 2022

Sure thing. As long as you the same laptop model you should be fine. but sure to fully remove the previos driver before installing this one. You can use DDU to do that.

DDU link: https://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=files&action=download&

{ IT ALSO WORKS IN WINDOWS 11 IF YOU'RE WONDERING }

Audio Driver Link: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_6.0.9049.1_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=637806752352915056&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20A514-54G&OS=10M1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

• abdo23

Thank you very much. This is a great method. It works for me. However, the next day there is a new update come to my laptop and after I restart the laptop the problem come back again. Do you have any solution?

• Abdullah_39

Tinkerer

You have to disable the driver updates from windows Update to prevent that from happening.

I have a video above on this topic on how to disable drivers update becuase windows update will upgrade to an incompatible driver that will not work properly at all. that method only works with the pro versions of ( win10 / win11 ) but if you have the home version then y'll need to do some registry editing to disable it.

If you have windows 10 / 11 home then use this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5cbqpO9OeY

if you have windows 10 / 11 pro then use this method: https://youtu.be/w1quOWUgRO8

I really hope this will help you and please reply to this post if you are done.✌️

• abdo23