Is it possible to switch the cpu on the Acer aspire one 722-0427

Potatof1sh
Potatof1sh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Asking because I want to upgrade this old computer I found and want to know if I can change it or if it's soldered onto the motherboard my model is Aspire one 722-0427

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Asking because I want to upgrade this old computer I found and want to know if I can change it or if it's soldered onto the motherboard my model is Aspire one 722-0427
    The C60 AMD processor is soldered onto the motherboard on your Aspire one 722-0427 but, you can upgrade its max OEM RAM to 4GB (but Crucial recommends 8GB of DDR3L 1600 MHz SODIMM so that is useful with Win-10 64bit) and if you upgrade its hard drive to a 2.5" SSD this platform should perform allot better. These 10.1" sort of laptops were not made to be upgraded but the Aspire One 722-0427 with 8GB memory and an 2.5" SSD should work pretty well with its AMD Radeon HD 6250 (which is not too crash hot) as it will be acceptable with 1080p video and for basic web browsing and general portable use. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    The C60 AMD processor is soldered onto the motherboard on your Aspire one 722-0427 but, you can upgrade its max OEM RAM to 4GB (but Crucial recommends 8GB of DDR3L 1600 MHz SODIMM so that is useful with Win-10 64bit) and if you upgrade its hard drive to a 2.5" SSD this platform should perform allot better. These 10.1" sort of laptops were not made to be upgraded but the Aspire One 722-0427 with 8GB memory and an 2.5" SSD should work pretty well with its AMD Radeon HD 6250 (which is not too crash hot) as it will be acceptable with 1080p video and for basic web browsing and general portable use. 
  • Potatof1sh
    Potatof1sh Member Posts: 2 New User
    StevenGen said:
    Thanks just want to know which exact ssd would you recommend for it. Bit new into trying to upgrading computers
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The best SSD is going to depend on your budget and your usage. I'd likely choose something like a 500GB drive from one of the bigger manufacturers like Samsung or Western Digital. So, something like this would work well. If that's outside your budget look into 250GB and 320GB versions.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.