Acer Travelmate P214-53 Ubuntu not showing USB bootable, F12 Boot menu is enabled

jain1himanshu
jain1himanshu Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa
Hi, i am using Acer Travel-mate P214-53 with preinstalled Ubuntu 20, Now i want to install Windows 10 on it. but while i go to BIOS, its dosen"t shows USB Boot in boot menu, its only showing Ubuntu in boot list, Boot Menu is preset on UEFI which cant be changeable. F12 Boot Menu is enabled but while tapping F12 on start its only show Ubuntu in boot menu. Please help

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    How did you create the Windows install flash drive? Do you have Secure Boot enabled or disabled in the BIOS?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jain1himanshu
    Secure boot is disabled and USB is UEFI bootable 
  • jain1himanshu
    for ur refrencese the bios screen shots
  • jain1himanshu
  • billsey
    I'm not able to open those files, just use the picture icon for the editor here to attach the images.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jain1himanshu
    please find attached pics

• billsey
    It looks like when you installed Ubuntu it replace the Windows Boot Manager with Grub. Try adding the EFI file from the flash drive to the trusted files in the Security tab. That should allow it to show.
  • jain1himanshu
    can u help me with the files link and step by step process
  • billsey
    Here is an image of the Security tab:
    You need to select the link for "Select an UEFI file as trusted", then navigate to the proper file on your Windows install flash drive. The file is typically in the \EFI\boot folder and named bootx64.efi or bootx32.efi. Once you have that listed as trusted, retry booting using the F12 menu to see if the flash drive shows up.
  • jain1himanshu
    thanx for the solution... but i did it from Acer Brandshop... 2-3 days back. but its really nice for your help. i appreciate for ur help.
  • JEU
    JEU Member Posts: 1 New User
    billsey said:
    Here is an image of the Security tab:
    You need to select the link for "Select an UEFI file as trusted", then navigate to the proper file on your Windows install flash drive. The file is typically in the \EFI\boot folder and named bootx64.efi or bootx32.efi. Once you have that listed as trusted, retry booting using the F12 menu to see if the flash drive shows up.
    Good Day Billsey, i am experiencing same problem with my ACER Travelmate P-214 series,.. i want to try your solution but on my BIOS Setup,.. the link for "Select an UEFI file as trusted" is not accessible. Also on the Boot Mode & Secure Boot (not accessible). Hope u may help me solve this problem.
  • billsey
    Then you likely don't have a P214-52 model, which model do you have? You would probably be best off to start a new thread for yours. Include the full model number what you are trying to do and what has happened so far.