VG240Y Need to diagnose and fix problem with either my monitor or GPU (blackouts)

Options
nikoladelic
nikoladelic Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2022 in Monitors

Hi everyone I need your help to diagnose and troubleshoot this thing, I can't deal with it anymore like this

These are basic specs of the PC which I think are important here

B450M DS3H Rev 1.0

XFX RX580 (8gb)

Monitor: Acer VG240Y using it with HDMI

So this is my first PC and I built it about 2 years ago and it was working fine until about 2 months ago.

Then I would get blackouts in any full screen game but they were different in different games.
In some they would always be there in some only when I move mouse and in some only when I would click. Blackouts were for about 20 seconds, than I see the screen for half a second and then into a loop.

Firstly I reinstalled my GPU driver and that fixed it but then in about 2 days it would happen again, from then on I would reinstall the driver every time it happens but then it just stopped working.

Then I contacted AMD support, they gave me GPU driver cleaner and told me to reinstall them in Safe Mode Windows without any internet and they said that Windows might be overwriting the drivers.

That worked a little than again not and then I reinstalled whole Windows which didn't fix anything.

Then one day I checked if the games would work on TV which they did. I always had some problems with the monitor, for an example when I turned on on Secure boot for Windows 11, I wouldn't get any image when in BIOS and than I needed to connect it with the TV to turn off Secure Boot back off.

Then I contacted Windows support which is useless like always

Then on some random forum I found I should try to System reset my Monitor which did help but now again doesn't work. My every solution works for some time and then stops.

Latest thing I did was play with turning off FreeSync and autosource and that helped but I again don't know is GPU or the Monitor the problem.

BIOS, GPU and Windows 10 is up to date.

I will appreciate any help.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options
    @nikoladelic try a different HDMI cable.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!