Acer Aspire A515-44 Windows 11 upgrade.

AspiringJohn
AspiringJohn Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi folks,

Thanks in advance for reading this forum post. Just a quick question in regards to upgrading to Windows 11.

The Acer Aspire A515-44 is eligible for the Windows 11 upgrade, however, examining the drivers and manuals in the Acer Support section, Windows 11 drivers are not listed.

However, the Acer Aspire A515-56, explicitly lists Windows 11 drivers.

I would like to upgrade but the lack of listing has prevented me from fully committing.

Does anybody know when the Windows 11 drivers will be available for the Acer Aspire A515-44 - I prefer to know they are available in advance of any upgrade.

Cheers.

Answers

• @AspiringJohn
    They will only make separate windows 11 drivers if needed.
    Windows 11 is based on Windows 10 so, all apps, games, driver that work on Windows 10 will easily work on Windows 11.
    Windows 10 and 11 drivers are same
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    >>>I would like to upgrade but the lack of listing has prevented me from fully committing.>>>

If it were mine, I'd hold off till the Settings Win11 update app clearly indicates to click here to install Win11. Then I'd think hard before I pulled the trigger. Then ponder 'Why would I like to upgrade to Win11?'  If I couldn't think of a good reason to do so that makes common sense to me, I probably wouldn't. :)

Jack E/NJ

• AspiringJohn
    AspiringJohn Member Posts: 4 New User
    GAMING6698 Thanks for that information. I did not realise that Windows 10 and 11 drivers are the same.

JackE It used to offer clear instructions to install it to Windows 11. Now, it states this:
    Why think long and hard about upgrading to Windows 11? Isn't it best practice to update to the latest version if it is supported?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    While the a515-54 can run Win11, the smaller print clearly suggests that it might not run well or properly yet. So no, it's not best practice to update to the latest version cuz your machine isn't fully supported yet. That's why the smaller print message sez 'Specific timing for when it will be offered can vary as we get it ready for you.' In other words,  It's not ready yet.   It just another example of pre-mature Microsoft hype for a half-baked operating system.

Jack E/NJ