predator po3-600 New to all this computer stuff

tanga
tanga Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 2022 in Predator Desktops
Hi all I just bought a predator po3-600_er for my kids (and me but shhh)
I am pretty new the the pc gaming as I only played console. I live in northern Australia so get pretty hot ambient temps 38 degrees c.
I have been doing a lot of reading on this site but have a few questions. it looks like I can change the CPU cooler and fans. Are the pretty lights connected to the old fans if so I replace them with something like Noctua 92mm NF-A9 PWM will it also take the lights away. You know we all like pretty things. I have noticed a lot of people are using the brown fans they seem the same as the black ones am I missing something. 

I like the idea of water-cooling but it apparels they only come in 120mm fans which I would assume would need modification to the case. 
can i also change the strip of the front case that only do blue led. 

I have seen light controllers but I am not sure where to plug them in on the mother board.
any guidance will be apricated.
Thank you in advance.   

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• tanga

Tinkerer

ok so after a bit more research I have found these diagrams. For the led it looks like (12) goes to led header but also the front panel switch I would assume there is a connecter somewhere along the way I could split and add an led controller to. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    The LED referred to in #12 is the power status LED, which is turned on when the computer is turned on. It doesn't look like your model has a header for auxiliary LEDs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tanga

Tinkerer

thanks Billsey,
    I have found a controller that I can add to the usb header I believe. I wonder if the led in the front panel can be removed to add RGB's so I can sync the lights through out.   
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    The LED on the front panel is wired differently than an LED strip, because it's only the one color. You might be able to cobble something together, but it's likely going to take a custom circuit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.