Memory problems Predator 3000 [PO3-630]

Options
Napsyl
Napsyl Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi

i have the 3000 [po3-630] with i7 11700f gtx3070 and 16gb memory

Done the Noctua cpu cooler upgrade with no problem and also went for the 32gb memory upgrade , bought the Crucial 2x8gb kit marked ct2k8g4dfra32a that iv seen may try with good results  ,

well that was a no go in my computer , it just beeps the whole time when i have my original Hyper Fury sticks and the Crucial ones installed , if u use them separately they work fine.

am i doing it wrong when i install or did i buy wrong rams or ???  anyone got a clue ??

Answers

• Napsyl
    Options

Top row is the Fury that came with the computer, bottom the ones iv bought

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Those all look good. Does it matter which stick go in which slots when you try it? I.e., the original in slots 3 &4 instead of 1 & 2? Is there a chance one stick just isn't getting fully seated?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Napsyl
    Options
    if i flip the sticks around it reboots about 2-3 times before beeping
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    It sure sounds as if one of the sticks is flaky... :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StriderV
    StriderV Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I've encountered the exact same issues as OP, though the additional memory I used is TEAMGROUP Elite Plus DDR4 16GB Kit.

Validated that the memory sticks work if only 1 pair is used. I even tried to mix the 2 memory types, i.e. DIMM 1 = Kingston (original from Acer), DIMM 2 = Team Elite. POST successful with BIOS showing 16GB 3200MHz for all pairing permutations.

Then I decided to swap the memory pairing and it worked for all 4 memories installed, albeit at 2933MHz. i.e. DIMM 1/2/3/4 = Kingston/Team/Kingston/Team. Weird.

(And yes I am aware that the DIMM slots are physically alternated, I am referring to the actual DIMM numbering labels on mainboard in the above setup).

I am too lazy to return the memory sticks and just went with 2933MHz - hope this helps.