B323QK NV - supported resolutions

Options
tracek
tracek Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,

I can't seem to find anywhere detailed specs for B323QK NV, 4K 144 Hz, 32" display. Does it support 3200x1800? 4K is great for gaming, not so much for working.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Here is what the SG says:
    My guess is it might work, albeit compressed if the aspect ration isn't the same, but more likely you will want to run at full 4K and scaled to match your needs. The monitor isn't likely to offer the resolution you want through PnP, but it's possible to override that. Just not easily.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I don't yet have access to a service guide for those, they are just too new still. I've asked for an expedite to get it to us, and sometimes they have the list included, but often they just define the highest resolution...
    Though in Windows you can just set the scaling to match the icon sizes you'd prefer. :) I run my 4K at 150%, so it's actually 2/3 4K.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Here is what the SG says:
    My guess is it might work, albeit compressed if the aspect ration isn't the same, but more likely you will want to run at full 4K and scaled to match your needs. The monitor isn't likely to offer the resolution you want through PnP, but it's possible to override that. Just not easily.
  • tracek
    tracek Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks @billsey ! That's what I was looking for.

Fractional scaling often enough doesn't work that well on Linux (or not at all), hence it's great if I can simply use a resolution that fits my needs. That's the case for my primary monitor (Dell U3219Q), where I can opt for 3200x1800. I thought I could make it my secondary and get the mentioned Acer model. Guess I will have to wait for fractional scaling to get better on Linux.