My acer nitro 5 AN515-55 is dead

Matuk
Matuk Member Posts: 1 New User
The computer doesn't turn on at all, And to be honest I do not find the reset button that some of the post suggest, I got this laptop a month ago, and today it stopped working after like 10, I don't know why, I thought it was a battery issue but I left it charging overnight. Please help. The led lights don't turn on, I just got home and connected it it properly, and nothing, please help

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    Matuk said:
    The computer doesn't turn on at all, And to be honest I do not find the reset button that some of the post suggest, I got this laptop a month ago, and today it stopped working after like 10, I don't know why, I thought it was a battery issue but I left it charging overnight. Please help. The led lights don't turn on, I just got home and connected it it properly, and nothing, please help
    Impossible, I've got a brand new Nitro 5 - AN515-56, I'm running Win 11 Home version 21H2 OS build 22000.469 updated BIOS to the last version and this laptop runs perfectly even though I'm not too wrapped with Win-11 =)  but its just a matter of getting used to a new OS like when Win-10 came out. This laptop works perfectly and I keep it on the adaptor all the time and charging and it works 100%, there must have been a brown out through the night and while you left the laptop charging, check if the adaptors safety fuse hasn't tripped? Take the adaptors plug out the wall socket and leave it out for 15 seconds and then plug the adaptor plug back into the laptop and see if the lights come on? Also you must have NOT plugged the cords in properly to power on this laptop?

Check the following if you have done these things properly?
    1. Have you plugged the wall power cords 3 point plug into the adaptor properly? As you need to push the plug into the adaptor hard until it clicks in!
    2. The adaptors plug that plugs into the back of your Nitro AN515-55 back adaptor plug "MUST BE PUSHED IN HARD ALSO UNTIL YOU HEAR A CLICK" and the front panel light come on.
    Check all these things as the battery reset is on the power keyboard button which is not stated in the manual. So unplug the laptop from its adaptor, press the power key for 15 seconds continuedly to reset battery, otherwise don't open and/or touch your laptops and send it to Acer Service for power issues as its under warranty and if you touch it it will void your warranty. Good luck and hope this helps you out.
  • darmz80
    darmz80 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2022
    StevenGen said:
    Matuk said:
    Impossible, I've got a brand new Nitro 5 - AN515-56.....
    What kind of a comment is this? How is it impossible if he is reporting the problem?
    I suppose the same issue of no power with my 3 month old Nitro 5 where they needed to replace the entire main board is also impossible. 

Matuk - Goodluck with the repair it's obviously cooked.  
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    darmz80 said:
    StevenGen said:
    Matuk said:
    Impossible, I've got a brand new Nitro 5 - AN515-56.....
    What kind of a comment is this? How is it impossible if he is reporting the problem?
    I suppose the same issue of no power with my 3 month old Nitro 5 where they needed to replace the entire main board is also impossible. 

Matuk - Goodluck with the repair it's obviously cooked.  
    Allot of consumers damage products and that is why I gave him a few solution of the basics that he can do in case, its not an unusual comment as I also told him to take or send his laptop to Acer if it's got faulty pars.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Matuk,

Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/