SW5- 111-13SW touchscreen not working windows 10

Matt_D204
Matt_D204 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2022 in Switch Series
Hello,
i have been trying to fix my acer aspire switch 11 for some time now, it runs on windows 10 and the touchscreen isnt detected, but works in the bios. i have attempted to update all of the drivers on the device which hasnt worked. the device also will not play audio, read from an sd card. the headphone jack wont work and only the power hardkey works. can anyone help??

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Which Switch 11 model do you have? There have been a lot of them over the years. The model number is likely something like SW5-xxx-xxxx and it located on the same sticker as your SN and SNID.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Matt_D204
    It's a SW5- 111-13SW
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    OK, your SW5-111 came originally with Windows 8.1 and has been upgraded to Windows 10. The touch screen is sitting behind an internal USB port on the motherboard. There is a daughter board that is connected to the motherboard that says it is for touch, but it's unclear of that is the touch pad on the keyboard assembly or the touch screen on the display. If it's not the touch screen then the touch screen wiring is inside the LVDS cable that goes between the motherboard and display (I think the latter to be more likely). If there is some corrosion on the connectors at either end of the LVDS it could interfere with the touch function. Have you been inside it yet?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Matt_D204
    I did open it up previously and everything looked to be in order, its odd because in the bios the touchscreen works perfectly fine
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    Matt_D204

I understand that you  say  "touchscreen isn't detected, but works in the bios. You have attempted to update all of the drivers on the device which hasn't worked and the device also will not play audio, read from an sd card, headphone jack wont work"

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software.  

Since it is working fine in bios it is not a hardware issue. 

Please follow the steps given below just to check whether it is a hardware or software issue.  

If it is still not working then we have to do a refresh and reset

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove everything
    chose keep my files 
    chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress.. 
    login to computer and start using the computer. 

Try to check whether everything is working fine. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 
    chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset
    It will be in progress

Note:

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

You can also do the recovery in an alternative way..

There are two alt keys on the keyboard.  If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar.  The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car.  Turn off the computer.  Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode.  It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot.   If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer.  Turn on the computer.  Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt )  and then tap f10 continuously.  It will go to chose an option continue and troubleshoot..

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot
    Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc
    click on keep my files  ( only applications will be lost )   chose your account and type your password   - click on local reinstall  - click on reset
    It will be in progress 

If the keep my files option is not working 

Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – just remove my files – click on reset 
    It will reinstall windows. 

If the just remove my files is not working.. 

Go to troubleshoot  -  click on reset this pc – click on remove everything – click on local reinstall – Fully clean the drive – click on reset 
    It will reinstall windows. 

Note: You can also go to chose an option , continue , troubleshoot by holding the alt key + tapping f10  or alt gr + tapping f10 on the keyboard while turning on the computer.    Once you see the troubleshoot option, you can stop tapping the f10 and stop holding the alt key.    Then you can try the keep my files and remove everything ( just remove by files and fully clean the drive ) by following the steps which was mentioned above. 

If it is still not working.. 

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   Please get the recovery media which was designed for your computer and try to install the operating system.   

Even after doing the recovery if it is still not working then it might be a hardware issue. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★