Will the Rx 570 work on the Aspire xc-605

Tiaan
Tiaan Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hi, 

I have an aspire xc-605 and want to upgrade it by buying an graphics card.I’m interested in the Rx 570 card and the x16 pcie slot will work and I’m going to transfer the parts to an bigger case but will the card have enough power if I also upgrade to an 550w power supply.Will my motherboard have enough power?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It should, your system originally came with Windows 8, so it supports UEFI booting and that's required by the newer cards. With the larger case you will also be able to use an ATX power supply and that will have the extra connectors to power a GPU. IIRC you need an 8 pin connector for the GPU auxiliary power.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It should, your system originally came with Windows 8, so it supports UEFI booting and that's required by the newer cards. With the larger case you will also be able to use an ATX power supply and that will have the extra connectors to power a GPU. IIRC you need an 8 pin connector for the GPU auxiliary power.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tiaan
    Tiaan Member Posts: 6 New User
    Thank you.😀