help please boot issue TC-1660 I can't get past this screen.

mandy30
mandy30 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited February 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I cant start windows,I cant get past this screen,the only thing im able to do is get into bios,I bought this pc from a auction but it was new,I changed to standard user account then the yes button was greyed out so was following tutorials to try rectify that problem when I got this problem,I dont have the cd but even if i did there is,nt a cd drive in the pc,can anyone advise please
Thread was edited to add model name to the title

2.jpg 81.9K
3.jpg 103.2K

Best Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,421 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Most likely you can do a ALT-F10 or (FN-ALT-F10) to boot to factory defaults. 
    But I'm wondering if you've done a F9 within Bios to do factory default ?

Reset the BIOS to Default Settings (BIOS)
    1. Access the BIOS Setup utility. See Accessing BIOS.
    2. Press the F9 key to automatically load the factory default settings. ...
    3. Confirm the changes by highlighting OK, then press Enter. ...
    4. To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key

How do I restore my Acer computer with Alt F10 on startup?
    How to Restore Windows on my Acer Computer Using Alt + F10 on...
    1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Press the Power key to turn on the computer.
    3. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. ...
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC.
  • mandy30
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Larryodie said:

1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    3. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. ...
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC.

ttttt said:
    @mandy30

Is the problem of no bootable disk just happened recently? Sometimes this kind of issue will be just a loose connection, so reseating the connection cables can solve the problem.

I begin to doubt that your TC-1660 is a barebone model without HDD. If it is a barebone model, you may not even have the Win 10 license embedded in the motherboard, but let's see.

How about send another BIOS photo where HDD should appear on that page?

In our earlier communications I said all the functions of a CD/DVD can be covered by a flash drive, so you can try it out now.

Assume you have another PC that can download the Win 10 OS from Microsoft site:

1) Have 8GB/16GB empty flash drive with FAT32 format ready

2) Go to this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
        to get the Media Creation Tool.

3) Run this tool and download the latest Win 10 to the flash drive

4) Have this new flash drive inserted to the TC-1660. When bootup keep tapping the Delete key to reach the Bootmenu.

5) Select to boot from this flash drive

6) When Win 10 ask you for a product key, just select "I do not have a product key". If you have a Windows license embedded in the motherboard, Windows will recognize it automatically

7) Proceed with the initial setup steps

mandy30 said:
    Larryodie said:
    Replace the battery.
    I must have had the jumper on the wrong pins because it wont start at all on the pins I had it on,when I changed them it started up again.I followed your instructions on the reset bios to default I am going to try the restore windows in a shortly I am just going to upload my pic of the bios,dont know whats happening here but now it just keeps saying 9 characers too short,throwing the towel in its totally doing my head in 

mandy30 said:
    Larryodie said:
    Replace the battery.

larryodie you are my hero,thankyou so much for your advice it worked a treat,after spending days trying to sort this by looking at youtube vidoes and trying other users advice I was at the stage of giving up,just decided to try yours and I was gobsmacked in minutes it was sorted,you have made my day thank you once again 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,311 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Ah, that's because you already marked some messages as the solution.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Since you bought the laptop at an auction, I think it would be interesting to reinstall windows, using a microsoft iso: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mandy30
    Hi, i cant as it does,nt have a cd drive
  • billsey
    You use a flash drive instead of a CD/DVD. You will want a Windows install flash drive to do much in the way of diagnostics anyway. Show us a picture of the BIOS in the Advanced; Integrated Peripherals section so we can what drives are installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @mandy30

Is the problem of no bootable disk just happened recently? Sometimes this kind of issue will be just a loose connection, so reseating the connection cables can solve the problem.

I begin to doubt that your TC-1660 is a barebone model without HDD. If it is a barebone model, you may not even have the Win 10 license embedded in the motherboard, but let's see.

In our earlier communications I said all the functions of a CD/DVD can be covered by a flash drive, so you can try it out now.

4) Have this new flash drive inserted to the TC-1660. When bootup keep tapping the Delete key to reach the Bootmenu.

6) When Win 10 ask you for a product key, just select "I do not have a product key". If you have a Windows license embedded in the motherboard, Windows will recognize it automatically

• Larryodie
    Answer ✓

4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @mandy30

Sorry, you keep tapping F12 ( or hold down Fn+ tapping F12) to reach Bootmenu.
  • mandy30
    edited February 2022
    I took the cmos battery out as was doing what someone advised for my problem,now the battery keeps changing time so I need to watch tutorials on that now,I read i need to set the jumpers but i dont know where they are,I wish acer would give better documentation on the motherboard,once I sort that out I will take pics of the bios and post
  • check this information:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mandy30
    thankyou for the diagram,can you tell me what I actually do and how to do it please
  • mandy30
    mandy30 said:
    thankyou for the diagram,can you tell me what I actually do and how to do it please
    think I have done it now,after you put the jumper back to normal position when you go back into bios should it show factory default date please,if so when do i change it to todays date or does it do that when you load windows?
  • Larryodie
    F9 for factory default : Please see my post.
    Windows will set the time or do it manually within.

• mandy30
    Larryodie said:
    F9 for factory default : Please see my post.
    Windows will set the time or do it manually within.

It wont set manually it just keeps reverting back to the same date even when i press f10 to exit and save
  • Larryodie
    Replace the battery.
  • mandy30
    edited February 2022
    Larryodie said:
    Replace the battery.
    I must have had the jumper on the wrong pins because it wont start at all on the pins I had it on,when I changed them it started up again.I followed your instructions on the reset bios to default I am going to try the restore windows in a shortly I am just going to upload my pic of the bios
  • mandy30
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Larryodie said:

4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC.

ttttt said:
    @mandy30

mandy30 said:
    Larryodie said:
    Replace the battery.
    I must have had the jumper on the wrong pins because it wont start at all on the pins I had it on,when I changed them it started up again.I followed your instructions on the reset bios to default I am going to try the restore windows in a shortly I am just going to upload my pic of the bios,dont know whats happening here but now it just keeps saying 9 characers too short,throwing the towel in its totally doing my head in 

mandy30 said:
    Larryodie said:
    Replace the battery.

larryodie you are my hero,thankyou so much for your advice it worked a treat,after spending days trying to sort this by looking at youtube vidoes and trying other users advice I was at the stage of giving up,just decided to try yours and I was gobsmacked in minutes it was sorted,you have made my day thank you once again 
  • LawrenceMcMullan
    LawrenceMcMullan Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

I bought an Acer Aspire TC 1660 Core i5 and it came with a 250gb MVME M.2 drive loaded with windows 11

I cloned the drive from the computer i was upgrading from, and i can't get it to boot, although it boots from my own pc at home

I have tried every setting in the bios i can think of, what am i missing?

• Larryodie

I think that you need to start a NEW post with more information like

Why did you clone if it was a "loaded drive" ?

Do you ONLY have the MVME M.2 drive installed

Is it a new computer ?

How did you clone it FROM another computer ?

• LawrenceMcMullan
    LawrenceMcMullan Member Posts: 2 New User

I was changing to a newer work computer and it had programs that the office staff wanted to keep the same, so i used Acronis to clone the drive

the new pc also has 2tb standard drive which ii also cloned, and like i said earlier, i can boot both of them from my pc at home,

but when i put them into the acer it cant boot from either drives

• billsey

What OS was on the old drive? Was it configured for legacy boot instead of UEFI? How close is the hardware to the new system? Booting from a drive out of an old computer can be a real hassle if the hardware isn't even close to the same...

• Larryodie

Also try to disconnect one of the drives until you are able to boot either of them. Then reconnect the 2nd drive after WIndow's has established a bootable drive.