No OEM key installed in the firmware Nitro 5, AN515-55-53AG)

Options
Nitro5User0012
Nitro5User0012 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hi, I bought this laptop(Acer Nitro 5, AN515-55-53AG) some months ago, after completing setup without internet, I deleted the "user" profile made while installing windows.

I then created a new profile and connected with my old microsoft account. The windows was not activated and there was no product key.

As per Acer, it is installed in bios, but using CMD and softwares like "nirsoft produkey", "showkeyplus" return that there is no oem key installed in the firmware. What's the next step and what should I do get my product key?

The primary model of OS was windows 10 home, I used a key of Windows 10 Pro I found online to activate it and it worked, I have now upgraded to the windows 11.
The screenshot saying, "no oem key" is attached here.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,992 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi, I bought this laptop(Acer Nitro 5, AN515-55-53AG) some months ago, after completing setup without internet, I deleted the "user" profile made while installing windows.

I then created a new profile and connected with my old microsoft account. The windows was not activated and there was no product key.

As per Acer, it is installed in bios, but using CMD and softwares like "nirsoft produkey", "showkeyplus" return that there is no oem key installed in the firmware. What's the next step and what should I do get my product key?

The primary model of OS was windows 10 home, I used a key of Windows 10 Pro I found online to activate it and it worked, I have now upgraded to the windows 11.

Your Acer Nitro 5, AN515-55-53AG OEM device should have a stored and encrypted product key in the UEFI firmware chip, contact Acer and tell them the problems that you are having as they will give you a Win-10 Home key that belongs to your laptop or they will suggest other ways that you can get around this problem, this is very unusual? Try this command to view the product key. Press the Win key + X key, open an elevated command prompt window, type the following command and hit enter:

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Then try to activate your Win-10 Home OEM with that key. Or use this for the OEM Win-10 key “ShowKeyPlus Version: 1.0.5730

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Nitro5User0012

Your Windows 10 license will be automatically transferred to Windows 11, and activated in the background. Therefore, you do not need to do anything to activate Windows 11 after upgrading from Windows 10. After the upgrade, make sure that your PC is connected to the Internet so that it can connect to Microsoft servers and activate your copy. You can go to Settings > System > Activation page to check the activation status of Windows 11.

Also, if you have upgraded the OEM version to Pro edition by buying a license, you do not need a product key to upgrade to Windows 11. While upgrading, you will not be asked to type the 25-digit product key. However, if Windows 11 fails to get activated automatically for some reason, you can enter the product key (purchased retail key) to activate your copy.

Please check if your Windows 10 license type is retail or OEM using this command.
    Open the Command Prompt by typing CMD in the Start/taskbar search field and hitting Enter.
    At the Command Prompt window, type the following command and then press Enter key.
    Slmgr /dli or Slmgr -dli

For more info on Windows 11 Compatibility and upgrade from Acer, please check these articles.
    Windows 11 - Acer Community

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Nitro5User0012

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:

Your Acer Nitro 5, AN515-55-53AG OEM device should have a stored and encrypted product key in the UEFI firmware chip, contact Acer and tell them the problems that you are having as they will give you a Win-10 Home key that belongs to your laptop or they will suggest other ways that you can get around this problem, this is very unusual? Try this command to view the product key. Press the Win key + X key, open an elevated command prompt window, type the following command and hit enter:

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Then try to activate your Win-10 Home OEM with that key. Or use this for the OEM Win-10 key “ShowKeyPlus Version: 1.0.5730

While trying to contact Acer, I get a message that says, "Our records indicate the serial number you have entered is no longer eligible for warranty support."
    The thing is I bought this PC, just 2 months ago.
    The Warranty Check acer has on its website shows, the warranty expiration date on the same day as it was purchased.

I don't even know what should I do now?
  • Nitro5User0012

Tinkerer

Options
    Sharanji said:
    @Nitro5User0012

Your Windows 10 license will be automatically transferred to Windows 11, and activated in the background. Therefore, you do not need to do anything to activate Windows 11 after upgrading from Windows 10. After the upgrade, make sure that your PC is connected to the Internet so that it can connect to Microsoft servers and activate your copy. You can go to Settings > System > Activation page to check the activation status of Windows 11.

Also, if you have upgraded the OEM version to Pro edition by buying a license, you do not need a product key to upgrade to Windows 11. While upgrading, you will not be asked to type the 25-digit product key. However, if Windows 11 fails to get activated automatically for some reason, you can enter the product key (purchased retail key) to activate your copy.

Please check if your Windows 10 license type is retail or OEM using this command.
    Open the Command Prompt by typing CMD in the Start/taskbar search field and hitting Enter.
    At the Command Prompt window, type the following command and then press Enter key.
    Slmgr /dli or Slmgr -dli

For more info on Windows 11 Compatibility and upgrade from Acer, please check these articles.
    Windows 11 - Acer Community

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    While trying to contact Acer, I get a message that says, "Our records indicate the serial number you have entered is no longer eligible for warranty support."
    The thing is I bought this PC, just 2 months ago.
    The Warranty Check acer has on its website shows, the warranty expiration date on the same day as it was purchased.

I don't even know what should I do now?

As I activated it using keys online, the command shows this,