acer aspire one 721-148cc more ram

Zaaron
Zaaron Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi All. Help please.
Is it possible to use more than 4 gigabytes of RAM on this netbook (acer aspire one 721-148cc)?
Thx=)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Your AO721 has two memory slots, and allows a maximum of 4GB per slot, so the system max is 8GB. It supports DDR3 1066 or 1333, so choosing two 4GB 1333 sticks will give you the maximum memory and the maximum speed. If you haven't already replaced the HDD with a SSD that will give a much bigger speed boost than memory will.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Zaaron,

Please note: If you are upgrading your Acer Notebook to more than 4 GB, you will need a 64-bit operating system to take full advantage of this capacity.
  • @aoresteen

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below. The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below. There is an option to "start your scan " and " select your computer " . Please chose the options and try it. It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide. We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options. You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.      

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★