Acer aspire A515-52 windows 11 upgrade

suprvenu2020suprvenu2020 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 3 in Windows 11
WHEN WILL I GET WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE IN MY ACER ASPIRE  A515-52 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

FAQ & Answers

• StevenGenStevenGen ACE Posts: 3,761 Pathfinder
    WHEN WILL I GET WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE IN MY ACER ASPIRE A515-52

The A515-52 with its 8th Gen i7-8565U / i5-8265U / i3-8145U Whiskey Lake Processor do qualify for Win-11 upgrade so you should have gotten the Win-11 update in Windows Update as I got it ages ago. My suggestion as it’s a much better option (which i also did) is to Download Windows 11 on a USB and do a “Clean Install” that will perform better but and first “Backup Your Win-10” so that you can restore it if you are not happy with Win-11. 

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 23,533 Trailblazer
    Microsoft chooses when each person gets the upgrade offered. As Steven says, your machine is qualified so it will show up in Windows Update eventually. You can just be patient or do it manually. I wouldn't do the clean install thing suggested, you would lose all your apps and data and have to restore them from scratch as well. Just do the normal upgrade process.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgettpadgett ACE Posts: 4,444 Pathfinder
    Just a side note (shold be in a FAQ somewhere), before a major change I always create a recovery drive and tape it to the notebook lid or inside a desktop with date. Restore points are also good. Both are better.
  • suprvenu2020suprvenu2020 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This is an update on the windows 11 upgrade in my Acer A515-52. Till date no sign of any updates. Still getting regular windows 10 updates.
    Are upgrades decided by Acer or Microsoft or both together? Whatever the case it is 7 months since the upgrade process started.
    Wonder how long the wait will be.
    PS..Not confident to do the clean install .Want to wait for OTA update..
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 23,533 Trailblazer
    Yes, they seem to be taking their time with the 8th gen U models. Microsoft is who gates it based on Intel's driver support, Acer isn't very involved at all.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.