My Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-55-79FB) won’t turn on or show the charge light after under a year of use

PutridHitman
PutridHitman Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

After a less than year past original purchase (I got it second hand barely used and it worked for months it stopped turning on or showing the charging light after I opened it to clean it but also to see RAM and storage.  I removed the storage and reseated it (I’m confident it was correct) and then it didn’t turn on or charge.  Any help I’d wanted as Currys already said they wouldn’t look at it as they couldn’t get parts.  The next step is an Acer store or something but a cheaper solution would be preferred if it’s something I can do from home.  

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please check the adapter cable whether it's pushed in properly as shown in the post by @Acer-Blayn in this thread:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/583596/brand-new-nitro-5-not-turning-on
  • Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PutridHitman

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Could you please check the adapter cable whether it's pushed in properly as shown in the post by @Acer-Blayn in this thread:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/583596/brand-new-nitro-5-not-turning-on
    I’ve checked and it’s properly plugged in and the charger is working- it must be something inside the laptop that either means it won’t charge or something like that
  • PutridHitman

Tinkerer

Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

Should I leave the charger in during this time or wait for it to fully restart? I’ve done it before with the charger in several times as I saw it in another comment for a similar question about this product but for something else I read it may not always work and repeats could sort this.  Maybe I just have bad luck and it didn’t work any of those times 🤷‍♂️
  • No! You must disconnect the power adapter from the dcin-jack port.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @PutridHitman,

Did you try to charge it with different charger.