PC noise? - Aspire TC-875

Bassmaster52
Bassmaster52 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I recently purchased an Acer Aspire TC-875 series desktop tower.
I am hearing a strange noise coming from the tower??
It sounds like and engine revving up and winding down at times??
I have never heard this in a tower. Could it be the fan or something else inside? 

(​//Edited the content to add model name)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Very likely it is the fan, since there are really no other moving parts inside. :) The fan is controlled to try and keep temperatures stable, and as the CPU or GPU works harder, the fan speed is increased, as the workload dies off, the fan slows down. How bad is the noise?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    I recently purchased an Acer Aspire TC-875 series desktop tower.
    I am hearing a strange noise coming from the tower??
    It sounds like and engine revving up and winding down at times??
    I have never heard this in a tower. Could it be the fan or something else inside? 

It could be your PSU fan or your CPU cooling fan or if you have an individual GPU card that is optional on the TC-875 it could its fans, so check those items out as it sounds like you are experiencing an obstructed fan noise, inspect those components if they are faulty and need changing or clean them thoroughly and repaste the CPU also if you take the CPU thermal module and fan off then see if the “engine revving up and winding down” noises are still there?

• Bassmaster52
    Well, the tower is brand new. Out of the box! 
    So I may just contact Acer?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Yes, it should only get noisy if you are really taxing the system. You also might use one of the utilities to see your system temperatures. Running way high without gaming or other heavy task might be a sign of other issues that Acer would need to fix.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bassmaster52
    Well, I called Acer and I am getting a replacement! 
    So, now it will be a waiting game with UPS.
     THX Y'all