Acer Nitro monitor currently being "repaired"

Ainsjay122
Ainsjay122 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there, relatively new to this was hoping someone could help.

I recently bought a Acer Nitro monitor from AO but when it arrived it had a faulty LCD, they couldn't replace it and I didn't want a refund so Acer advised I send it in to them, they received it on the 20/12/21 and whilst I knew it would take a bit longer because of Christmas... its turning into a bit of a farce now, I've requested a few updates and the only answer I got back was "we are waiting on parts", has anyone had any experience with a similar issue that can advise what to expect?

I bought the monitor to match one I already had and in the process got rid of my old 2nd display, unfortunately my job requires 2 monitors to work at a minimum efficiency and the past few weeks have been a nightmare and it doesn't seem like its going to be solved soon :(

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it's all part of the pandemic parts shortages... Lots of spare parts are still sitting in ships waiting for offloading and other just aren't available from the vendors. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it's all part of the pandemic parts shortages... Lots of spare parts are still sitting in ships waiting for offloading and other just aren't available from the vendors. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ainsjay122
    Ainsjay122 Member Posts: 2 New User
    thanks bilsey, guess I'm just concerned that theirs not even an idea when this will be resolved, they were so keen to get it off me to repair it which seems foolish considering they knew the issue and thus would of had an idea of the parts required and the fact they didn't have them nor knew when they would get them