Printer Compatibility aspire c24?

HelenCW
HelenCW Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited January 2022 in All-In-One PCs
Does anyone know which all in one affordable and small printer is compatible with acer aspire c24? My HP Photosmart 6510 is not and I need an all in one printer for home use. Faxing is not necessary, but I scan and print documents.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,926 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    HelenCW said:
    Does anyone know which all in one affordable and small printer is compatible with acer aspire c24? My HP Photosmart 6510 is not and I need an all in one printer for home use. Faxing is not necessary, but I scan and print documents.
    Any of the latest inkjet or Laser mono/colour/scanner printers are compatible with your C24-760 or similar AIO's, as an example and with one of my old laptops, I've been using a Brother HL2140 laser mono printer with an old Aspire V3-571G and it works perfectly and has done so for many years with Win-10 and also with my new 2021 Nitro 5 AN515-57 Core i7-11800H,RTX 3070 32Gb RAM and Win-11 and it works perfectly, its all within their drivers and if these printers have the appropriate drivers this especially applies to older printers and scanners. I've had very good experiences with Brother printers and scanner combos that have a wide range of laser mono or colour printers/scanners that will work with your C24, one of the best and most affordable that I also have, is the Wi-Fi Brother laser/colour/scanner printers the "Brother Wireless Colour Laser MFC Printer MFC-L3750CDW" its about USD $280.00 so try that or whichever other that you can afford? 
  • StevenGen
    HelenCW said:

I'm looking at Brother INKvestment Tank MFC-J1205W Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer to buy for home use. I will ask in the store to be certain that it is compatible with my Acer Aspire computer - and from the specs, it seems to be.  I'm glad StevenGen gave Brother printers such a good review and that makes me more comfortable in my decision to go with a Brother printer. I was using HP, but they always end up having ink issues which makes the print capacity of the HP AIO practically useless - so no more HP for me. Has anyone used this particular printer and have any thoughts on it? 

The Brother INKvestment Tank MFC-J1205W Wireless Colour All-in-One Inkjet Printer that you are talking about is an inkjet cartridge type printer that is cheaper in its cartridge consumables as a laser mono printers have one black toner but the colour printers have 4 different toners (black, blue, yellow and red) and that is where the cost is. The Brother inkjet cartridge printer that you are intending to buy is a bit different to the Canon, Epson and/or HP that their new inkjest printers have embraced ink tanks filled from bottles, but Brother is sticking with ink cartridges so that is the difference and the extra cost as you will have to buy the different cartridges and you cannot get bottles of ink to refill the cartridges with ink bottles and you have to replace them, hence and where the extra consumable costs are, so consider that also when buying an inkjet printer. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• StevenGen
    HelenCW said:
    Yes I am aware that the Brother printer uses cartridges. I don't print very much, but I do scan. Which of the ones you mentioned with refillable ink tanks do you like best? I will continue to look until I find one that is affordable to purchase and for upkeep. HP was always my favorite but each one developed ink cartridge issues that affected its printing. Also, when I upgraded to Win 10, the Photosmart became practically useless for printing as the black ink does not flow through. I have done everything they recommend...so I'm a bit annoyed at HP, lol

This is only my opinion and preference only ‘so take it as such’ and what I've experienced over 37 years of using computers and using dot matrix, inkjets and laser printers from the first dot matrix Epsom printers to the HP and Canon printers and what I've found is that as far as inkjets when I used them (as I only use laser printers) as inkjets have to be used consistently otherwise their injector jets dries and you get allsorts of problems with them, hence and that is why I don’t use them in comparison to laser printers which you can leave for months without using them, especially if you will only use the scanner, so please consider that also as that is very important! 

What I found is that the Canon range was one of the best quality and most reliable to use. One of the new Cannon Mega Tank compact range inkjet print/scan/copy setups is the PIXMA G3620 MegaTank (cost about USD $275.00) that could suite your compact and small size needs and as Canon describe this printer that it prints at speeds of approximately 9.1 ipm in black and white, and 5 ipm in colour, enabling you to print multiple pages with efficiency with Canon's new MegaTank ink technology, the PIXMA G3620 MegaTank is capable of printing up to 6,000 in black and white, and up to 7,700 pages in colour, reducing the chances that you will run out of ink when you need it most. Canon's Economy printing mode will also enable you to decrease printing costs and maximise your productivity even further by reducing the consumption of black ink, achieving yields of up to 7,600 pages. So take it from there and make up your own choice, hope that this will help you out, cheers and always keep safe Helen.

• HelenCW
    Answer ✓
    Oh I am so glad you are responding to my questions and have given me wonderful ideas! Thank you so very much. I'll let you know which one I finally buy...now to find out which stores carry the others you list. Thanks again!!
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    HelenCW said:
    Oh I am so glad you are responding to my questions and have given me wonderful ideas! Thank you so very much. I'll let you know which one I finally buy...now to find out which stores carry the others you list. Thanks again!!
    Ok Helen not a problem glad to help you out, take care always. 
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓

That is great Helen very nice and elegant printer that should suite any house decor, glad to be of help!

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    If you haven't bought the Canon Pixma G6020 MegaTank then keep your old HP and use that until you are ready to buy the new one, that is a good move but buying new cartridges would be a waste if you buy a new printer soon as you will have to use them up until they empty and need replacing, in my opinion its a good sort term solution for you if you want to go that way? Also I'm glad that I've helped you on the technical things of what these inkjets weaknesses are 
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    HelenCW said:
    Hi StevenGen- I think I owe you for all your wonderful and informative technical assistance and explanations. I certainly appreciate everything you've said and I trust your expertise. I hope I haven't depended on you too much but I think I may have, lol. I haven't purchased the PIXMA yet. I will see how this HP works with my Acer then decide - can I let you know what happens re the HP?  The PIXMA is in my mind and just looks so nice....it will be my next printer no matter what because I think this HP is doomed to continue failing re the black ink.
    Glad to be of help and please always keep me informed as I'm more than happy to help, thank you again for your kind words, cheers and keep well and safe. 
  • HelenCW
    Answer ✓
    Well StevenGen - the saying goes 'you slow, you blow' and that's what happened to me. The Canon Pixma G6020 MegaTank is now unavailable at Best Buy! The only Megatanks available at Best Buy are the G2260, G3260 & G620. I'll check Staples since they might still have the 6020 still available.

Answers

• StevenGen
    HelenCW said:
    Any of the latest inkjet or Laser mono/colour/scanner printers are compatible with your C24-760 or similar AIO's, as an example and with one of my old laptops, I've been using a Brother HL2140 laser mono printer with an old Aspire V3-571G and it works perfectly and has done so for many years with Win-10 and also with my new 2021 Nitro 5 AN515-57 Core i7-11800H,RTX 3070 32Gb RAM and Win-11 and it works perfectly, its all within their drivers and if these printers have the appropriate drivers this especially applies to older printers and scanners. I've had very good experiences with Brother printers and scanner combos that have a wide range of laser mono or colour printers/scanners that will work with your C24, one of the best and most affordable that I also have, is the Wi-Fi Brother laser/colour/scanner printers the "Brother Wireless Colour Laser MFC Printer MFC-L3750CDW" its about USD $280.00 so try that or whichever other that you can afford? 
  • HelenCW
    Thank you StevenGen. I checked out the printers you mention but they are too large for home use (limited space) but I will continue to look at Brother printers which is where I was headed. I was worried that I might purchase one that wasn't compatible but will check with store personnel BEFORE I purchase. My current HP Photosmart is not compatible. I was thinking of one of the Brothers WorkForce all in ones and will continue to search. I appreciate your thorough response. Thanks again!
  • HelenCW

I'm looking at Brother INKvestment Tank MFC-J1205W Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer to buy for home use. I will ask in the store to be certain that it is compatible with my Acer Aspire computer - and from the specs, it seems to be.  I'm glad StevenGen gave Brother printers such a good review and that makes me more comfortable in my decision to go with a Brother printer. I was using HP, but they always end up having ink issues which makes the print capacity of the HP AIO practically useless - so no more HP for me. Has anyone used this particular printer and have any thoughts on it? 

• HelenCW said:

The Brother INKvestment Tank MFC-J1205W Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer that you are talking about is an inkjet cartridge type printer that is cheaper in its cartridge consumables as a laser mono printers have only one black toner but the colour printers have 4 different  toners (black, blue, yellow and red) and that is where the cost is with colour laser printers. Also, the inkjet cartridge printer that you are intending to buy from Brother is a bit different to the Canon, Epson and/or HP that have embraced ink tanks filled from bottles, but Brother is sticking with ink cartridges so that is the difference. Good luck and hope this is of some help to you. 

• StevenGen
    HelenCW said:

The Brother INKvestment Tank MFC-J1205W Wireless Colour All-in-One Inkjet Printer that you are talking about is an inkjet cartridge type printer that is cheaper in its cartridge consumables as a laser mono printers have one black toner but the colour printers have 4 different toners (black, blue, yellow and red) and that is where the cost is. The Brother inkjet cartridge printer that you are intending to buy is a bit different to the Canon, Epson and/or HP that their new inkjest printers have embraced ink tanks filled from bottles, but Brother is sticking with ink cartridges so that is the difference and the extra cost as you will have to buy the different cartridges and you cannot get bottles of ink to refill the cartridges with ink bottles and you have to replace them, hence and where the extra consumable costs are, so consider that also when buying an inkjet printer. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• HelenCW
    Yes I am aware that the Brother printer uses cartridges. I don't print very much, but I do scan. Which of the ones you mentioned with refillable ink tanks do you like best? I will continue to look until I find one that is affordable to purchase and for upkeep. HP was always my favorite but each one developed ink cartridge issues that affected its printing. Also, when I upgraded to Win 10, the Photosmart became practically useless for printing as the black ink does not flow through. I have done everything they recommend...so I'm a bit annoyed at HP, lol
  • StevenGen
    HelenCW said:

This is only my opinion and preference only ‘so take it as such’ and what I've experienced over 37 years of using computers and using dot matrix, inkjets and laser printers from the first dot matrix Epsom printers to the HP and Canon printers and what I've found is that as far as inkjets when I used them (as I only use laser printers) as inkjets have to be used consistently otherwise their injector jets dries and you get allsorts of problems with them, hence and that is why I don’t use them in comparison to laser printers which you can leave for months without using them, especially if you will only use the scanner, so please consider that also as that is very important! 

What I found is that the Canon range was one of the best quality and most reliable to use. One of the new Cannon Mega Tank compact range inkjet print/scan/copy setups is the PIXMA G3620 MegaTank (cost about USD $275.00) that could suite your compact and small size needs and as Canon describe this printer that it prints at speeds of approximately 9.1 ipm in black and white, and 5 ipm in colour, enabling you to print multiple pages with efficiency with Canon's new MegaTank ink technology, the PIXMA G3620 MegaTank is capable of printing up to 6,000 in black and white, and up to 7,700 pages in colour, reducing the chances that you will run out of ink when you need it most. Canon's Economy printing mode will also enable you to decrease printing costs and maximise your productivity even further by reducing the consumption of black ink, achieving yields of up to 7,600 pages. So take it from there and make up your own choice, hope that this will help you out, cheers and always keep safe Helen.

• HelenCW

StevenGen - What an absolutely great post! Thank you for the response and the thoroughness of your reply. I'm going to check on this printer and see if I can order it for delivery to the store for pick up. Now that you mention it's the cartridges that cause a problem with printing, it seems like what could be at issue, and I don't want to deal with that anymore. You have so much knowledge to give and I most assuredly appreciate the time and attention you took to giving me your opinion. Once I decide, it will be my decision and I could never fault anyone else, but I will take what you said in consideration since you have more knowledge than I do. Thanks for lending me your brain, lol. Stay well and stay in the group as I may have more questions about something else! 
  • HelenCW
    StevenGen, I couldn't find the PIXMA G3620 MegaTank but found instead PIXMAG3620 Wireless - . The price is far less leading me to think it's a different printer. And the G3620 wireless mentions cartridges not a refillable tank.
    I did find G3200 0630C02 Wireless Color Inkjet Print-Scan-Copy MegaTank Printer for 199.00 at Staples which uses refillable ink. Product Image thumbnail 1
    Could this be the same as the one you mentioned? I know I'm being a pest but can you help. The first image is the G3620 Wireless . the second smaller picture is the G3200 0630C02 which uses refillable tank.
  • StevenGen
    edited January 2022
    HelenCW said:
    StevenGen, I couldn't find the PIXMA G3620 MegaTank but found instead PIXMAG3620 Wireless - . The price is far less leading me to think it's a different printer. And the G3620 wireless mentions cartridges not a refillable tank.
    I did find G3200 0630C02 Wireless Color Inkjet Print-Scan-Copy MegaTank Printer for 199.00 at Staples which uses refillable ink. Product Image thumbnail 1
    Could this be the same as the one you mentioned? I know I'm being a pest but can you help. The first image is the G3620 Wireless . the second smaller picture is the G3200 0630C02 which uses refillable tank.

Thank you Helen for your compliment first =)  and its not a problem. The PIXMA G3620 is what is listed on the Canon Australia range as the G3620 MegaTank Wi-Fi could be a new model that is available in the US and its not available here in Australia yet? But, its the exact same printer as the G3620 MegaTank except its got additional Wi-Fi that can also be connected with a cord to your PC and is a much better feature.

Yes the Canon G3200 MegaTank and Wi-Fi type inkjet printer is the same as the G3620 but its a lower more economical inkjet printer from Canon that does not have all the features of the G3620 range or above models. From the upper range Canon Australia lists their MegaTank inkjet printers as the following models and starting with the PIXMA G3620, G3660, G4600, G4610, G6060, G6065, G7060 and the top of the range G7065, so I would buy the G3620 Wi-Fi as it’s not different but if you have a lower budget then the G3200 MegaTank Wi-Fi is very adequate for your use.

• HelenCW
    Answer ✓
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    HelenCW said:
    Ok Helen not a problem glad to help you out, take care always. 
  • HelenCW
    Hi StevenGen! I'm still here, still looking. I found the Canon Pixma G6020 MegaTank for $279 at Best Buy where got great reviews. I also found a review of it that was quite comprehensive like yours so I'm going to see about getting this one. We've been busy so I haven't had time to go to the store as yet, but this is in my Best Buy cart. I'm going to check Staples too since I like the staff at Staples (my usual store). If they don't have it, I'll go with Best Buy. Thank you for all your help - this one is compact, has good reviews, ink costs are reasonable, and I won't have to deal with cartridge issues - and both stores have a warranty I can add to the manufacturer's warranty for serving, etc. And I dm not too interested in automatic document feeding so that's not a problem as long as I can scan and print the occasional document, etc
  • HelenCW
    Front Zoom Canon - PIXMA MegaTank G6020 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer - BlackCanon Pixma G6020 MegaTank
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓

That is great Helen very nice and elegant printer that should suite any house decor, glad to be of help!

• HelenCW
    Hi StevenGen - after I wrote all of that, I realize the printer number is NOT one of the ones you mentioned. But guess what? I went to the Hardware & Sound portion of my computer to check what was listed and clicked Add a Printer to see what would happen- and my HP was successfully added to my Acer!! I guess the dvd that came with the printer to set it up did not have all the current drivers, etc. Now I am wondering if I should buy ink for the HP and to see if it will work with my Acer in a better way than it did with my Dell because the scanner is still operational. That would be a short-term solution until I can get to the store to look at and buy a printer. What do you think? I like the Canon G6020 MegaTank though and think that will be my next printer. (I decided against the G3620 Wireless because it got bad reviews and several people over time said it didn't last more than 2 years).
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    If you haven't bought the Canon Pixma G6020 MegaTank then keep your old HP and use that until you are ready to buy the new one, that is a good move but buying new cartridges would be a waste if you buy a new printer soon as you will have to use them up until they empty and need replacing, in my opinion its a good sort term solution for you if you want to go that way? Also I'm glad that I've helped you on the technical things of what these inkjets weaknesses are 
  • HelenCW
    Hi StevenGen- I think I owe you for all your wonderful and informative technical assistance and explanations. I certainly appreciate everything you've said and I trust your expertise. I hope I haven't depended on you too much but I think I may have, lol. I haven't purchased the PIXMA yet. I will see how this HP works with my Acer then decide - can I let you know what happens re the HP?  The PIXMA is in my mind and just looks so nice....it will be my next printer no matter what because I think this HP is doomed to continue failing re the black ink.
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    HelenCW said:
    Glad to be of help and please always keep me informed as I'm more than happy to help, thank you again for your kind words, cheers and keep well and safe. 
  • HelenCW
    Thank you StevenGen - I will. It's a pleasure to speak with someone who actually answers the questions and gives information that is useful and from experience. I will gladly let you know what happens. You've been more than helpful and I certainly appreciate it.