my Laptop suddenly turned itself off Predator Helios 300 PH315-53

MakiHarukawa
MakiHarukawa Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Predator Laptops

I have a Predator Helios 300 PH315-53, recently I've been having issues, some which have just resolved themselves, like last week, one day, my GPU suddenly wasn't detected by my System, yet the next day it was detected again, and today, earlier my Laptop suddenly turned itself off, it was at like 95% at the time, until later when I plugged it in and kept trying to turn it on, eventually it came back to life, yet wasn't charging, but when it was plugged in, it's charge didn't lower, then when I got back home, I plugged it in again, still wasn't charging, and I went to play a Game, both The Charging/Orange and Blue light started blinking and then the Laptop turned itself off and then wouldn't turn back on, the Orange Light continued blinking even after I unplugged it, only stopping after I held the Power button for like 30 seconds, after it turned off, I was able to turn it back on, but it still won't charge, and the same thing happens again when I try to play a game. What should I do?

My specs are:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

Graphics Processing Unit NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti

Motherboard CML - QX50_CMS - V1.07

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,761 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @MakiHarukawa if the laptop still has warranty, I recommend you to send to Acer for servicing. If not, you can follow these steps.
    • Use a 3rd party monitoring software like MSI Afterburner to check whether the laptop would overheating and shutdown. 
    • Unplug the battery and try to game without it to see if the laptop shutdowns on its own. This will tell the battery or the charger is bad.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,761 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @MakiHarukawa if the laptop still has warranty, I recommend you to send to Acer for servicing. If not, you can follow these steps.
    • Use a 3rd party monitoring software like MSI Afterburner to check whether the laptop would overheating and shutdown. 
    • Unplug the battery and try to game without it to see if the laptop shutdowns on its own. This will tell the battery or the charger is bad.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • MakiHarukawa
    MakiHarukawa Member Posts: 2 New User
    It seems that it's the battery, as that's what both my Dad and a repair place I got to diagnose it suggested, something else I noticed is that it only turns itself off on intensive games, less intensive games such as 2D Games work perfectly with only mild FPS issues at times, but I've ordered a new Battery and going to see if that'll fix it.
  • Deepankar9
    Deepankar9 Member Posts: 2 New User

I too am facing the same problem. Did changing the battery fix the issue ??