E15 E5-571G-76 Want to upgrade from Atheros QCWB335 which is IEEE 802.11b/g/n single band wireless.

ajay_sanju
ajay_sanju Member Posts: 6 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hello all veterans,
I have Aspire E15 E5-571G-76WQ which has single band wifi 2.4ghz from Atheros QCWB335. I want to upgrade it to dual band wifi i.e 5ghz. Please suggest me which wireless LAN card should i buy. 
Eagerly waiting for your replies
Thank you

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• luckywi
    luckywi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

Just to let you know my experience, I was in the same situation with an Aspire E5-571 and a Atheros QCWB335 wifi card.

I bought on a popular Chinese website a card with Intel with 8265 chipset (ref : 8265HMW)
    Wifi AC 8265 2.4G/5Ghz, 802.11ac 867Mbps, Bluetooth 4.2

No tape needed on the pin 51, everything worked directly after installing the card :)
    Bonus : it even works directly under linux (Ubuntu 22.04). the driver for this chipset is built in the kernel

I hope it can help if someone else also want to change their wifi card :)

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    @ajay_sanju the best dual band WIFI card you can get is Intel AC 7260 which has Mini-PCIe socket. You might need to tape the pin 51 in order for the Bluetooth to work.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • ajay_sanju
    thank you
    and is there any chance to install wifi 6.0 card in my laptop. if yes, then please assist me sir. I want to spend money only once 
  • ajay_sanju
    please also confirm the whitelist or blacklist something i heard while scanning the google. If i buy this 7260HMW card will it work without any issue from BIOS? 
    Thank you
  • AnhEZ28
    edited January 2022
    @ajay_sanju here is the WIFI 6 card(AX3000). Acer does not have the whitelist so you don't have to worry about the hardware upgrade. I sure that it will work. Make sure that you download the driver before upgrading the card in case the new one doesn't have driver.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • ajay_sanju
    edited January 2022
    AnhEZ28 thank you sir. is there need to tape pin 51 and 20?
  • ajay_sanju
    @AnhEZ28 thank you sir. 
  • AnhEZ28
    @ajay_sanju for the 7260, if you installed the card but there is no bluetooth shown, then you can tape the pin 51 only(the first pin one the right)
  • luckywi
    luckywi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

Just to let you know my experience, I was in the same situation with an Aspire E5-571 and a Atheros QCWB335 wifi card.

I bought on a popular Chinese website a card with Intel with 8265 chipset (ref : 8265HMW)
    Wifi AC 8265 2.4G/5Ghz, 802.11ac 867Mbps, Bluetooth 4.2

No tape needed on the pin 51, everything worked directly after installing the card :)
    Bonus : it even works directly under linux (Ubuntu 22.04). the driver for this chipset is built in the kernel

I hope it can help if someone else also want to change their wifi card :)