Acer Veriton M2632G and GPU compatibility

Hello,

I have an Acer Veriton M2632G Core i5 4 gent machine with 8 gb of ram..

Yesterday I bought an ATI R5 235 OEM graphics card and I installed it in the PCI Express slot.. The graphics card fan is spinning, the card seems to work but nothing is displayed! I don't know if it's a compatibility problem or the card is not functional.

Another question ... which list of graphics card compatible with my machine?
thank you very much !!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022

Hello,

I have an Acer Veriton M2632G Core i5 4 gent machine with 8 gb of ram..

Yesterday I bought an ATI R5 235 OEM graphics card and I installed it in the PCI Express slot.. The graphics card fan is spinning, the card seems to work but nothing is displayed! I don't know if it's a compatibility problem or the card is not functional.

Another question ... which list of graphics card compatible with my machine?
    thank you very much !!

The Veriton M2632G came OEM with a 300W PSU or a 220W and has OEM either a RADEON HD8470 2GB DDR3.64B. 800MHZ that needs Suggested PSU of 200W or a GEFORCE GT705 1GB DDR3.64B 700MHZ that needs a Suggested PSU of 200W and the ATI R5 235 has also a Suggested PSU of 200W and should be 100% compatible with your motherboard and PC. 

It could be that the ATI R5 235 is faulty or you haven’t got the right drivers for the ATI R5 235, also make sure that the PCIe 16X slot (#26 in caption below) is clean and making full contact with the ATI R5 235 GPU card.  Also, the AMD Radeon R5 235 being a single-slot card does not require any additional power connector, its power draw is rated at 35W maximum. Display outputs include: 1x DVI, 1x HDMI. Radeon R5 235 OEM is connected to the rest of the system using a PCI-Express 2.0 x16 interface. I'm including the full mobo description and references so that you have more of an idea where things are and what to connections there are.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @INVESTINGLIFE

I hope you are not still plugging in the old on-board graphics ports.
  • INVESTINGLIFE
    INVESTINGLIFE Member Posts: 3 New User
    Of course ! I puted the cable from the output to the ati graphics card..

Thanks for the schema of the motherboard, that's exactly it..

When I put the ATI card .. The pc starts and makes 2 beeps, if I plug the cable into the integrer card the display is good and nothing is displayed and nothing is detected for the pci express card ... normally if we insert the graphics card in pci express it will be displayed in the device manager as an unrecognized card or requires a driver? The fan of card turn and nothing detected ..

Is there a configuration in the bios?

Thank u :)
  • ttttt
    @INVESTINGLIFE

Are you sure the driver for the graphics card was properly installed?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    It sounds as if the card isn't being recognized. If it were the onboard video ports would be disabled and only the ports on the card would work. You are getting power to the card, but the PCIe initialization isn't bringing the card up. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • INVESTINGLIFE
    INVESTINGLIFE Member Posts: 3 New User
    billsey said:
    It sounds as if the card isn't being recognized. If it were the onboard video ports would be disabled and only the ports on the card would work. You are getting power to the card, but the PCIe initialization isn't bringing the card up. :(
    Yes exactly !!!

So whats wrong ? Configuration of bios or other problems ?

Thanks u very much
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    It is more likely to be either a card issue or it's just not fully seated in the slot, though I suppose there could be a rare case where the MB has trouble seeing good data on the slot. In that case maybe some squirts with clean compressed air would get it active again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    @INVESTINGLIFE

I'll suggest take out the graphics card, spray electrical contact cleaner or compressed air to make sure the contact at the x16 slot is clean. When reseating the card, make sure the latch at the end of the slot is properly locked to the graphics card. 

My question again, have you installed the driver?