Monitor shadow Acer K27HL

tomhab
tomhab Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Monitors
Hi All, I have an Acer K27HL monitor which has developed a shadow on the screen. It's been doing it on and off for about 12 months - weird as every now and then it fixes itself for a little while which Is why I hadn't rushed out to contact Acer warranty. Anyway, now it seems to be here for good and so I finally bit the bullet the other day and contacted Acer only to find out that it is 3 years and 3 months old, so just out of warranty. Arghh..anyway, any suggestions on how this might be fixed? And is it known that Acer monitors only last for about 2-3 years?

Thanks

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited January 2022
    @tomhab

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software or cables issue. 

It might be a cable issue..   Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check.  If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check. 

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check. 

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• tomhab
    tomhab Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for this. I tried all those and no luck. I think it is hardware. Even when I pull all the cables out and it is on the Acer standby screen, the shadow is still there. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Yeah, it's likely one column of back lights isn't firing up. My guess is you are out of warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.