After upgrading Aspire to 32gb the monitor is pixelated /flashing. after booting up. TC-875-UR13)

speckman
speckman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hi

I am trying to upgrade my pc (Acer Aspire desktop TC-875-UR13) memory from the current 12gb (8+4 Kingston) to 32gb (16+16 Kingston). All the memory is 2666mhz DDR4. New mem is Kingston Fury DDR4 2666 mhz. Graphics is Intel UHD 630.

Problem Statement:

With the two new 16gb memory cards installed the pc boots up windows11 to the point where you need to click the mouse to start the login dialog.

At this point the background wallpaper is showing correctly on the monitor. After about 20 seconds the screen become pixelated and flashing.

I cannot login and PC does not appear to crash. I just cannot login or do anything. Cannot shutdown so I have to power off.

What I have tried:

1. Installed one 16gb works fine

2. Installed one 16gb plus one 8gb works fine (24gb)

3. Updated/checked all drivers

4. Removed all "pined apps" for Startup

5. Removed all unessacry apps

6. Tried a different monitor same problem

Note:

With the two 16gb memory cards installed the Bios shows 32gb. Other than Microsoft software the only other apps are Adobe photoshop and Chrome.

My suspicion is an addressing conflict between internal video and main memory causing corruption. Or an app is clobbering it

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• speckman
    Answer ✓
    The memory I Was trying to use had XMP which is supported by motherboard.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @speckman

Is anything showing up in Device Manager regarding resource conflicts?

Or try unistall the graphics driver and shutdown, let Windows ( or let Intel Drivers Support and Assistant) reinstall it again.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    I would reset the bios by pulling the battery for 15 minutes or so.
    I'm not sure why but it's in my brain to do so.
  • speckman
    Answer ✓
    The memory I Was trying to use had XMP which is supported by motherboard.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @speckman

Thank you for reporing back.

People tend to mix up DDR3 and DDR3L RAM sticks.

For DDR4 RAM sticks, people tend to mix non-XMP and XMP sticks.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    As far as I can see, XMP is not supported in the TC-875 models, but they should run, albeit at the lower base speed (likely 2133).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.