Acer Aspire 3003LCi wifi card upgrade

clever426
clever426 Member Posts: 1 New User
Howdy,

Looking for a wifi card upgrade.  Would like to have dual band and bluetooth if possible.  The front of the laptop does have a bluetooth enable button. 

Acer Aspire 3003LCi

Here's the card that's currently installed.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Boy, that is an oldie! Are you sure you don't want to leave it stock and donate it to a museum? :)
    I don't have access to a service guide for it, due to the age, but that looks like it might be a miniPCI slot. From the numbering, it looks like 124 pins with that gap between 1/2 and 3/4. That's typical for a mini PCI, so I'm pretty confident that it's the right thing. Note that mini PCI was replaced by mini PCIe and then by mini PCIe half height before the newer M.2 standard was introduced, so don't fall for a PCIe flavor. My guess is it will be tough to find one...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Boy, that is an oldie! Are you sure you don't want to leave it stock and donate it to a museum? :)
    I don't have access to a service guide for it, due to the age, but that looks like it might be a miniPCI slot. From the numbering, it looks like 124 pins with that gap between 1/2 and 3/4. That's typical for a mini PCI, so I'm pretty confident that it's the right thing. Note that mini PCI was replaced by mini PCIe and then by mini PCIe half height before the newer M.2 standard was introduced, so don't fall for a PCIe flavor. My guess is it will be tough to find one...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.