Enable "auto-FN" keys on Acer Keyboard + Acer C27

Options
nikb3
nikb3 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello to everyone,

i'm trying to modify functions of my acer Keybord (included in the original buying of my Acer AspireC27), because i want to "automatically" use the Function associated with the F1,2,3 ... instead of have to press Fn+F1,2,3 ... 

I've tried to find, in the BIOS, something that allowed me to do this but ... unfortunately, I couldn't find any specific area that allowed me to.

So ... do you maybe have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advace for you support and best regards

P.s. in the picture u can see the Keyboard i'm talking about (only difference is that mine is wireless).
P.s. sorry even for my bed english!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    They typically don't support changing that in the BIOS on desktops, because the keyboard is changeable. On a laptop you are pretty much required to have the stock keyboard installed, so they can include tweaks like that. With a desktop they set the keyboard to act in the normal manner as all other keyboards, and only offer the media keys as Fn- triggered.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    They typically don't support changing that in the BIOS on desktops, because the keyboard is changeable. On a laptop you are pretty much required to have the stock keyboard installed, so they can include tweaks like that. With a desktop they set the keyboard to act in the normal manner as all other keyboards, and only offer the media keys as Fn- triggered.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @nikb3,

As billsey said it will not support. 
  • nikb3
    nikb3 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello everyone,

thanks for the kind support and for the explaination of the situation.

I'll proceed buying a new keyboard.

Best regards
  • suponkie
    suponkie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same as mine. I use F2 often so when I forget to press Fn then My All-in-One Aspire C22 Immediately Sleep!!!!