My k243y monitor won’t work with Windows 11

Options
2»

Answers

• Notsure57
    Notsure57 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @billsey. Plugable USB 3.0 and USB-C Dual 4K Display Docking Station with DisplayPort and HDMI for Windows and Mac (Dual 4K DisplayPort & HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 6 USB Ports) Vertical https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B6CZ29Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_MTQ9B7CEN8QJ38G25XCB
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That one is display link so will work for two screen, however keep in mind you need to install drivers for it to work :) they are not plug and play 

Also keep in mind it won't charge the laptop at the same time like some docks do :)
  • Notsure57
    Options
    Docking Stations / Port Replicators: HP 690650-001 - 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator / Docking Station for HP Computers - CPU Medics

@Leostat @billsey  The ones I was looking at are sold out at Amazon and I'm not going to buy it from a place I can't send it back, in case it won't work.  What about just staying in the HP family?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't see any reason that one wouldn't work, except for your laptop not being an HP. Any that use USB 3.0 as the connection to the computer will work, because USB 3.0 doesn't support the DP Alt mode that some USB-C and Thunderbolt ports do.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    Mine connect via USB 3 & they have a separate power input and work fine. I wonder if "connected it to a power source using usb c." means the data line is not going to the computer.  Do the USB ports on the dock work ? If so you may need DisplayLink driers. Think the only USB C devices I have are chrome books. I found this: "DisplayLink only requires USB signals to operate, DisplayLink will transmit over any USB Type-A or Type-C connector. DisplayLink host software can run on Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, Android, and Linux."

• padgett
    Options
    PS Amazon has some inexpensive Type C/ Type A splitters just am not sure what kind you need to connect both charger and data line from dock to computer..
  • Notsure57
    Options
    I’m actually ordering an HP dock. Since I am switching back and forth with my work laptop (very restricted) and my personal. 

Thanks 
  • padgett
    Options
    When working I used a KVM feeding a dock, monitors, keyboard, and mouse to switch between sensitive and open networks.
  • Notsure57
    Options
    The Hp dock works perfectly between the two laptops.