My k243y monitor won’t work with Windows 11

Notsure57
Notsure57 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited January 2022 in Windows 11
I have two of these I use for my work from home setup. It runs fine on Windows 10 which I use for work. I bought a new laptop which runs windows 11. My mouse, docking hub keyboard all work except for the monitors. I checked the website and there are no drivers for this model. Is this something in the works?

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    That one is display link so will work for two screen, however keep in mind you need to install drivers for it to work :) they are not plug and play 

Also keep in mind it won't charge the laptop at the same time like some docks do :)

Answers

• Leostat
    Monitors shouldnt realy need drivers, if you mash control + p does it give you the option to extend? If not does anything show in displays?
  • Notsure57
    I tried ctrl p and I tried to detect new monitors. It did not find anything. 

Should I switch to vga cables?
  • Leostat
    Just noticed I said control, sorry late night brain 🤦 I meant to say windows p to get to the project window! 
  • Notsure57
    I tried using windows p with just one screen bypassing my usb c docking hub. It works. 

Any idea what is wrong with my Moakin usb c hub?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Likely the hub is expecting drivers that W11 doesn't provide. Does Moakin have drivers available?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leostat
    Beat me to it billsey :D Do you have the full dock model? Some need drivers for the displays to function and they may not be included in the win 11 plug and play list, all we may need to do is either get the windows 11 drivers if they exist, or if not install the windows 10 divers (as they are almost identical OS's) 
  • Notsure57
    USB C Docking Station Dual Monitor, 14 in 1 USB-C Laptop Docking Station USB Type C Hub Multiport Adapter Dongle with 2 HDMI VGA 5 USB SD/TF Audio for Dell/Surface/HP/Lenovo Laptops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HVFH3G2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_S2WVTBT1QQB1QQSQQXMC

Is the model I have. Thank you all for your help. 
  • billsey
    You may have luck contacting that vendor (Mokin Store) on Amazon to see if they can provide a driver for you. Judging by some of the reviews that might be problematic though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Notsure57
    I’ve been watching videos on YouTube. This seems to be a problem. I have tried updating drivers but I am not sure which ones need updating. 
  • Leostat
    Ahh, when you say a new laptop, what was your old model and new model?

I had totally missed that the first time i read your post. After linking that dock (thank you for that ^,^)  it looks like a displayport style dock, which needs the USB port to support it, not all USB-C's do support this, so it could be that! 
  • Notsure57
    My laptop is a HP. 
  • Leostat
    Do you have the model that you had before, and the model of your new one :)? It will probably be a little sticker on the bottom
  • Notsure57
    edited February 2022
    It’s an hp slimline. An actual dock. Not a hub. I bought the usb c hub because my new laptop won’t connect. I thought that I might not be getting enough power to it so I connected it to a power source using usb c.  That didn’t work. 

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]
  • Notsure57
    Leostat said:
    Do you have the model that you had before, and the model of your new one :)? It will probably be a little sticker on the bottom
    Is there something I should be doing in Device manager?
  • Notsure57
    Leostat said:
    Just chatted with Microsoft support.  I reinstalled a driver and that did not work.  The assistant recommended I get Active HDMI cables.  It seems I only have high speed hdmi cables I got from Amazon a few years ago.  
  • Leostat
    Sorry its been quite a week! I meant the laptops sorry, i have a feeling that it isnt the screens or the drivers but the type of docks. Some need special featuers to be present on the USB port for screens to work, and others dont.

think that the dock is a passthrough type, so the port needs to support a display out which your new laptop may not have
  • Notsure57
    So I was thinking about returnin lg it. Any recommendations?  
  • Leostat
    Display link adapters are universal across any windows device but are more expensive, ( https://www.synaptics.com/products/displaylink-graphics/displaylink-products-list?field_displaylink_category_value=universal_docking_stations ) So would recomend expensing it to work if thats possible!

When looking if we use this one as an example ( https://amzn.to/3rcPeKF

What to look for is the display link branding (as that means it can support display out on  any USB3 port ) or that it needs a driver ( COMPATIBILITY - For Windows 11, 10, 8.x, and 7 and macOS 10.14+ with driver installation.  ) 

and that the listing states it can support more than  one display at the res's we need ( 
    DUAL 4K DISPLAYS - Supports up to 4K on two independent displays using either DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 2.0, also supports most common resolutions including 3840x1080, 2560x1440, 1080p and more ). Some have 3/4 display outputs (like that one) but only support a smaller number of displays so its important to check how many its able to run :)

• Notsure57
    Docking Station,UtechSmart 19 in 1 Quadruple Display Laptop USB C Docking Station,USB C Hub Dock 3 HDMI Adapter for MacBook&Windows (3 HDMI,VGA,PD 3.0,Ethernet,SD/TF Card Reader,Audio,6 USB Ports) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M5K925M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_TK8J763FS81YHX5MRJTT

Like this?
  • billsey
    @Notsure57 as the blurb says on that unit "port which supports 'Displayport Alt Mode'", so it won't work with many of the USB-C designs.