Cant connect to Wifi with SSID hidden ATAB1021E 10

Options
Triksson
Triksson Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Tablets
Have a 10.1 Acer tablet. Cant connect to  my Wifi network (Unifi) with SSID broadcast off. If I turn it on it works, but if I after connected to my network changes the setting to do not broadcast SSID, my Acer drops the connection.

Is there a soulution to keep the connection when SSID is hidden, or is it just to throw the tablet in the trashcan, just bought it and the store wont let me return it.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    Triksson

Please provide the exact model to help you.    Is it a windows tablet or android tablet.    How long you are facing this issue.     Are you facing this issue from day 1.     Is it happening on all the devices in your home or only on this tablet..

If you are using a windows tablet please try the steps given below

Try windows x 
    Go to device manager - Go to Network adapter.  Expand it 
    Uninstall the wireless driver from device manager.   
    Restart the computer.  It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the wireless driver from device manager 
    Dont restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the wireless driver 

It should work fine..

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yes, we need to know which model tablet you have before we can get an answer for you. The network stuff on an Android tablet is completely different than that on a Windows Tablet or a Chromebook tablet...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Triksson
    Options
    Oh my bad, missed the model.

It is a Acer ATAB1021E 10 (android), Just unpacked it and setting it up. When I try to connect to my Wifi network (unifi) which has SSID broadcast set to disabled, it wont connect, even though I enter SSID and password in the Acer wifi settings

When I set SSID broadcast to enabled in my router. I can connect, but if I change the SSID broadcast to disabled in the router, my Acer immediately loses the wifi connection.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, likely we are going to have to reach out to Google's forums for that. It's probably an issue with the OS or configuration of the OS...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Triksson
    Options
    billsey said:
    OK, likely we are going to have to reach out to Google's forums for that. It's probably an issue with the OS or configuration of the OS...
    I dont think it is a OS problem as I have a couple other tablets like Samsung and Lenovo with the same OS version, this problem only occur on Acer tablet