My SSD is getting heated up, What's the possible reason and solution? Acer aspire 7 i5 10300H, Hynix

Ashish696
Ashish696 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I checked the temperature using crystaldiskinfo, It shows the SSD is operating around 50 to 60 and above. Happen when using teams, sometimes while streaming movies ect.

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @Ashish696

My experience with NVMe SSD is that the drives will be generally cooler with desktops and depending on the location of the drives, the one closer to the air intake vent is cooler than the one more inside the PC by 4-8 C.

Due to the limited space and ventilation inside a laptop, a NVMe SSD there is like 6-10 C higher than one in my desktops. One of my laptops has NVMe SSD runs at 46 C shortly after bootup while idling or under low loads and may reach 50 C after an hour or so. This NVMe SSD has an one sided heat sink already.

What I can suggest is for you to get a good heat sink, but with the size still fits in the laptop with the hope of decreasing the temperature by about 10 C, bringing it down to more reasonable level. Some heat sinks even has a dedicated fan for it, but I have not tried that out, don't know it will fit inside a laptop.

Answers

• ttttt
    @Ashish696

We do not know what kind of SSD that you have? NVME or SATA?
  • Ashish696

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @Ashish696

We do not know what kind of SSD that you have? NVME or SATA?
    it has a NVME ssd
  • ttttt
    @Ashish696

Are you using a heat sink for it. Is the case has enough space and the fan circulation is good.

Don't know you have desktop or laptop. Your info is just insufficent.
  • Ashish696

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @Ashish696

Are you using a heat sink for it. Is the case has enough space and the fan circulation is good.

Don't know you have desktop or laptop. Your info is just insufficent.
    Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz   2.50 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.83 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

*ITS A LAPTOP*
    I have not changed anything inside, everything is just as it came from the shop/factory.

• ttttt
    Answer ✓
    @Ashish696

My experience with NVMe SSD is that the drives will be generally cooler with desktops and depending on the location of the drives, the one closer to the air intake vent is cooler than the one more inside the PC by 4-8 C.

Due to the limited space and ventilation inside a laptop, a NVMe SSD there is like 6-10 C higher than one in my desktops. One of my laptops has NVMe SSD runs at 46 C shortly after bootup while idling or under low loads and may reach 50 C after an hour or so. This NVMe SSD has an one sided heat sink already.

What I can suggest is for you to get a good heat sink, but with the size still fits in the laptop with the hope of decreasing the temperature by about 10 C, bringing it down to more reasonable level. Some heat sinks even has a dedicated fan for it, but I have not tried that out, don't know it will fit inside a laptop.