REPASTE NITRO AN517-41

Winkam
Winkam Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello, recently I repasted my Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 (CPU:5600H) (GPU:3060). There werent any problems, but I took off that "pink VRAM paste", some how Ive managed to mesure the thickness and it was around 0.9-1.0mm. Ive put 1mm thermal pads (Grizzly pad 8), is that ok? I was thinking about 1.5mm (just to make sure that the contact is good). But it was my first thermal pad replacement and maybe someone had the same situation :) btw my temps are normal, so thats good. Just want to know if that thickness is ok, im scared of frying that new laptop. Thanks guys!

Answers

• Winkam said:
    Hello, recently I repasted my Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 (CPU:5600H) (GPU:3060). There werent any problems, but I took off that "pink VRAM paste", some how Ive managed to mesure the thickness and it was around 0.9-1.0mm. Ive put 1mm thermal pads (Grizzly pad 8), is that ok? I was thinking about 1.5mm (just to make sure that the contact is good). But it was my first thermal pad replacement and maybe someone had the same situation :) btw my temps are normal, so thats good. Just want to know if that thickness is ok, im scared of frying that new laptop. Thanks guys!

If your temps are normal and everything works correctly then you have done a good job, btw the Thermal Grizzly pads are a much better upgrade in pad quality than what you had, also use their Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme paste as that is a great CPU/GPU paste also that I used all the time, btw I’ve just used this paste on an AMD Ryzen 9 5950X/RTX3080 gaming setup with an AIO 360mm water cooling and it works perfectly with very high end gaming platforms

• Winkam
    Thank you for your reply, also it is interesting to mention that my cpu temperature got lower (about 6*C) but my gpu got hotter (about 2*C), and Im thinking that VRAM is now better cooled and it heats up that GPU a bit. What do you think? is that possible? :)
  • Winkam
    I have taken it apart again and the GPU die was not covered properly (one corner {about 5%} was not covered with thermal paste). I've put 1mm thermal pads and its not the right way to go! (thermal grizzly minus pad 8). In case anybody want to put thermal pads, use 1mm but some soft ones! So they can compress a bit! Also, the "hotspot" temp was 10*C hotter. After repaste with K5 PRO my GPU temps went down and the "hotspot" is about 2-3*C hotter, so thats a great score! If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask, i've spent many hours with this laptop open :)
  • GrandMega
    GrandMega Member Posts: 1 New User

Whats the cinebench scores