Brand new PO3-630-UA91 with idle temps at 185F

Options
AmariKigu
AmariKigu Member Posts: 1 New User
I got this brand new Acer gaming desktop on Friday and for the most part it seems to work okay, but the temperature are really unsettling,  these should not be this high!  Already had several issues and after reading these forums what others have mentioned, I've had the same issues literally right out of the box.   I had to create a separate power profile with the CPU set at 99% just to keep the temperatures averaging around 125F which again, is way too hot - when gaming on an average game like Mass Effect Legendary edition its getting very close to 200F,  I got this from amazon and honestly
this is looking like a return because with these temps, it is entirely possible that the stock cooler and thermal paste may have even been improperly applied.   Amazon shipped the system in a large box without any packing at all, at least acer packed the desktop with good foam at least..

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, unless you were specifically buying a repackaged or scratch and dent it should have been in the original Acer packing. Your temperatures aren't really too far out of line for high intensity gaming, but high for run of the mill stuff. (BTW, we usually use C instead of F) You are showing some low numbers of 0.0C, and those should never happen in the real world, unless your room is well below freezing. I'd contact the Amazon vendor for a replacement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.