VGA connection switching off - Acer Aspire TC-886-ER11

peter123456
peter123456 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I have an Acer Aspire TC-886-ER11 Desktop which supports 3 monitors (2 via HDMI and 1 via VGA connection).  This has been working fine since I purchased it July 2020.  But all of a sudden the VGA screen connection started failing.  When I unplugged one of the HDMI it started working again, but as soon as I plug in both HDMI is stops.  Any suggestions on what has gone wrong and how to fix it?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @peter123456

Have you done the Intel drivers updates in the past months? Intel just got drivers updates on the average of once every couple months in the past year or so.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    The three ports all look to the chipset pretty much the same, digital video outputs. The VGA port has an extra chip between the chipset and the output to convert the digital to analog signals. As ttttt suggests it might be a change to the Intel drivers, check your version and either upgrade to a new one directly from the Intel site or downgrade to the older one that has likely be replaced.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.