Customer care 4.0.0.3042.0 BUG REPORT not finding critical updates on win 11.

Options
eastavin
eastavin Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited January 2022 in Windows 11
Hi.  The Customer care that downloads from the Acer Support center has a bug.  With the critical update notice button set to ON.. the app is unable to determine if there are any critical updates to apply.  The "wait wheel" keeps circling in the windows.  I left it for 90 minutes and it just continues in circles.  Setting the critical update button to OFF does not affect the circling wheel... it keeps going.  however if you then exit the app and restart it.. it will report uptodate... until you reset the critical update button to ON... then it starts madly circling again forever.

The rest of the app appears to function ok.  Just the critical updates dont work.  I am running windows 11 21H2 with version 22000.434 on an Acer 315-34 with all windows updates applied as of today.  It is on Bios v1.10.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Likely the app just hasn't yet been updated for Windows 11... 315-34 model number is incomplete, it should be something like SF314-34 or AN314-34 or ...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.